Addons Deprecated by Xenforo Updates

DRE

I've noticed that the next Xenforo update will deprecate some addons I have installed on my forum.

Xenforo 1.2

1. Template Modification System by guiltar deprecated by Template Modifications and Comparison.

2. Route Changer by Jake Bunce deprecated by Route Filters.

3. Delete Zero Posters by Floris deprecated by User Management Improvements.

4. Post Edit features of User Essentials by Syndol deprecated due to Post Edit History and Logging.

5. Responsive Design by Arty deprecated by Xenforo Mobile Style.

I've noticed that the next Xenforo update will deprecate some addons I have installed on my forum.

Xenforo 1.2

1. Template Modification System by guiltar deprecated by Template Modifications and Comparison.

4. Post Edit features of User Essentials by Syndol deprecated due to Post Edit History and Logging.

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that at least one of those plugins will be updated when XenForo 1.2 is released?

Xenforo 1.2

Regarding 5 DRE is it actually set in stone responsive will appear in 1.2? I know Mike has made a reference about it and it's the likely route xenforo will take but wondering if this is confirmed for 1.2?

Xenforo 1.2

I wouldn't confirm #5 until Mike or Kier confirm it, versus a post by a staff member from October. Plans have changed, since that post also states the RM was meant to require v1.2.

A mobile solution was promised for 1.2 and KAM know that's what people are now expecting/assuming. If it wasn't going to be the case I'd have thought they'd have let people know that it was delayed (which people would understand given the circumstances) rather than disappoint every when 1.2 is released without it.

Perhaps to come up with a list of addons that might not need to be used, thus lowering the amount of addons one might have installed on their site?

Well, he could of said... all i see is a statement that "5 of my addons will no longer be needed".... like... ok... good for you? :p

Does the new template system really replace TMS?

As I understood it, the new system was more for devs and replaced the template hook system used by addons whilst TMS is heavily used by people modifying their styles.

Does the new template system really replace TMS?

As I understood it, the new system was more for devs and replaced the template hook system used by addons whilst TMS is heavily used by people modifying their styles.
I'm not sure what exactly is happening based off the discussion in the thread in Have You Seen....but I'm hoping it could eventually be a full replacement.

Xenforo 1.2

1. Template Modification System by guiltar
2. Route Changer by Jake Bunce
3. Delete Zero Posters by Floris
4. Post Edit features of User Essentials by Syndol
5. Responsive Design by Arty

I still see #1 needing to stay, just a hunch, slightly agree with #5 (if it arrives, not sure how it will effect themes yet.). With #4, you can't really uninstall because it still has some great options that haven't been included in core. Never used the others.

And.... your point of discussion is?

o_O

Slightly rude....

TMS does a lot more compared to what is planned for 1.2.
So I expect all add-ons (except 2 and 3 in your list) to be updated and usable even after 1.2 comes out.

Mobile Style is also per definition different from Responsive Design by Arty. I would always prefer responsive coding over an additional mobile style.

I don't know man just being optimistic. :D

Hell yeah be optimistic. I'm really hopeful it will be in 1.2 since I'm refraining myself from purchasing Arty's responsive add-on (which is becoming difficult since it's a great add-on my site could do with) and really want to give my site some responsive love.

Hell yeah be optimistic. I'm really hopeful it will be in 1.2 since I'm refraining myself from purchasing Arty's responsive add-on (which is becoming difficult since it's a great add-on my site could do with) and really want to give my site some responsive love.
Arty's secretly screaming, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Curse you XenForo!"

Reactions: DRE

Xenforo 1.2

6. Signature Restriction (Advanced Permissions) deprecated by Signature Permissions.

From an end user's perspective good core functionality that replaces existing plugins is always a good thing (unless your a bare bones type Admin) But i do feel bad for the third party devs here with no road map im sure its frustrating to develop a product just to watch it become pointless for the most part.

Top Bottom