[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations

[AddonFlare] Paid Registrations 1.8.2

No permission to download
1689070141306.webp

We have the full version
We enabled both boxes,
but I don't see an option to extend the upgrade.
Any idea why?

OK, we have established this is abandoned. Now the rot I just discovered.

Sometimes we just have to throw a member and all of their content out. Best practice and GDPR stuff, you know? :cool:

When trying to delete a member, the AOF addon returns the same error/trace messages as @Alpha1 related:

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(664): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->join('PaidRegistratio...', true, false, false)
#1 src/addons/AddonFlare/PaidRegistrations/XF/Repository/UserUpgrade.php(14): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->with('PaidRegistratio...')
#2 src/XF/Repository/UserUpgrade.php(53): AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Repository\UserUpgrade->findUserUpgradesForList()
#3 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(1242): XF\Repository\UserUpgrade->getFilteredUserUpgradesForList()
#4 src/addons/AddonFlare/PaidRegistrations/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(13): XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionUpgrades()
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionUpgrades(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'Upgrades', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonFlare\PaidRegistrations\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

And of course, the infamous Oops! :eek:

The only way around it is deactivating the subscription addon, removing the member, and then activating the module. Cumbersome, but portends the future. I should note that I am running v2.2.13 on PHP v8.0.29 and Maria v10.6.14. It still will faithfully deliver basic and paid subscriptions right now.

What I cannot do is bank the sustainable future of my community on the probability that this addon might be resurrected, or that some enterprising developer magically appears and drops an elegant subscription addon. And let's be honest--AddOnFlare Subscriptions was not very elegant.

Rather, I must take a more difficult road. This involves deploying a WordPress install as a section of my community. This was already anticipated during the 'blue sky' part of forum development. I have the opportunity to select several ways to bridge the platforms and at least 3 top membership/subscription plugins to choose from. I am assured of functionality and purpose in an elegant manner--and reasonably protected against version update obsolescence. As currently envisioned, it would only appear as a registration management portal.

What a shame that XF has such poor support for site viability and image-centric design. Too much money in this now to look back and say, Hmmmm... :unsure:

TIL:
This addon is still rated 5 stars, albeit being (very expensive) abandonware.
Customers should leave reviews to reflect the state if unhappy.

What would it take to get another developer to make a similar add-on? It's a really nice way to let people know that they CAN support the site if they choose to.

What would it take to get another developer to make a similar add-on? It's a really nice way to let people know that they CAN support the site if they choose to.
I’m exploring using MemberPress to handle subscriptions – it’s a very mature program with bags of features.

But getting a reliable bridge in place between XF and WP is at the moment challenging.

Another option would be to use the MemberPress Zapier integration. However, Xenforo doesn’t have its own Zapier integration, which makes things more difficult.

But getting a reliable bridge in place between XF and WP is at the moment challenging.

We're trying XFtoWP at the moment, and it certainly seems more geared toward making XF users out of WP ones rather than the other way around. Might work for you?

We're trying XFtoWP at the moment, and it certainly seems more geared toward making XF users out of WP ones rather than the other way around. Might work for you?
There's a companion add-on that will register XF users to Wordpress, that does not require XFtoWP.

Whatever the WP solution, it is expensive. One must pay for the bridge, and again for the subscription plugin. With tweaks and support, I figure roughly $200. But for something that works, is supported in the long term--and viable "Plan B" options are available--is small potatoes in the vast subscription scheme of things.

Frankly, I would rather a bridge use the XF to WP registration database. This would be a registration that is consummated by XF--with all of the profile fields and permissions given by a membership level set in that platform. For the foreseeable future, there would be no WP content or permissions to worry about--simply a correlation of membership levels between the two--XF permissions--and the recurring subscription method.

Has anyone's analysis yet yielded fruit on such an idea?

Are there any add-on creators that take requests? Perhaps a few of us could chip in on getting a new add-on developed with all the same features. It's only a matter of time before this one stops working...

Are there any add-on creators that take requests? Perhaps a few of us could chip in on getting a new add-on developed with all the same features. It's only a matter of time before this one stops working...

XenForo doesn't allow crowdfunding of add-ons, so best bet is to contact someone and then see if they will let you fund initial development, with them being able to have rights to sell.

Well, I made the request. If anyone else is interested in this type of add-on and that'll work confidently into the future, it might make sense to chime in here:

I recently switched to MariaDB and something isn’t right. I’ve had the last two people who tried to sign up with paid registration fail to have their account created. If you’re considering a switch to MariaDB, you may want to hold off.

I installed this at the first of the year using 10.6.15 (10.6.15-MariaDB).

There have been no issues, but something can go amiss when migrating with table structure rules.

Have you tried a site backup, and then reinstalling the registration software anew under MariaDB?

I recently switched to MariaDB and something isn’t right. I’ve had the last two people who tried to sign up with paid registration fail to have their account created. If you’re considering a switch to MariaDB, you may want to hold off.
MySQL 8 to MariaDb 10 isnt recommended from my understanding.

Top Bottom