AddOn to ban users?

vFranky

Hello,

we came from vBulletin where moderators can ban users immediately. We don't like to give warnings because this feels like being in school. But we ban a user, if he is the wrong person for our community.

Is there any addon to reactivate the function that moderators can ban directly? We also like the vBulletin user notices which are now longer available in XenForo. We use it write down negative behaviour for further usage and possible banning decisions.

Kind regards & thank you in advance
Frank

Hello,

we came from vBulletin where moderators can ban users immediately. We don't like to give warnings because this feels like being in school. But we ban a user, if he is the wrong person for our community.

Is there any addon to reactivate the function that moderators can ban directly? We also like the vBulletin user notices which are now longer available in XenForo. We use it write down negative behaviour for further usage and possible banning decisions.

Kind regards & thank you in advance
Frank
imo this is the best ban mod
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/easy-user-ban-by-siropu.4180/

btw sorry i forgot to congratulate you from leaving vb and joining the best forum platform mother earth can offer at the moment

Moderators can ban from the front end without add-ons. This is done using warning actions.

Below is an example of how I did this. This example is for a temporary 1 week ban but it can easily be changed to a permanent ban.

Set up a warning in the ACP:

warning.webp

Set up a warning action in the ACP:

warning_action.webp

Moderators can now, via the Warning link on any post or profile, apply this warning ban and the member will then be banned.

moderator_warning.webp

Note that ban reasons can only be given when banning via the ACP.

Bans awarded through a warning action do not have the ability to add a custom message/reason.

Not so good, this will always involve admin activity. :oops:

Problem: I configured 30 points = 3 day banning, which should be the 22th. But the user is shown an end of banning at the 26th january. What's this?? :eek:

Maybe they have accrued more than 30 points?

Also make sure you have set the ban period correctly in the warning action (there's one there as well which controls the time for the action as a time period in the warning itself which is for how long the points will last for).

Last edited:
Moderators can ban from the front end without add-ons. This is done using warning actions.

Below is an example of how I did this. This example is for a temporary 1 week ban but it can easily be changed to a permanent ban.

Set up a warning in the ACP:

View attachment 126605

Set up a warning action in the ACP:

View attachment 126607

Moderators can now, via the Warning link on any post or profile, apply this warning ban and the member will then be banned.

View attachment 126611
its MUCH easier to use the mod i linked...at least in my case...we tried the system you explained here for months but it was a mess

Thank you!

Is it possible to ban an administrator?
How can it be prevented? In vBulletin we have had unchangeable users.

Thank you!

Is it possible to ban an administrator?
How can it be prevented? In vBulletin we have had unchangeable users.

if you try to ban an administrator or moderator you'll get this error:
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-19%20at%208.05.51%20AM.png

Top Bottom