XF 1.3 Addon: Signature Limits?

md_5

Is there an addon anywhere that I can use to limit the amount of images and also perhaps characters of text in signatures.

This would be great.

Thanks

Yeah I'm an idiot. Must be new. Any way I can go back and delete users who's sigs violate these guidelines?

It was added in version 1.2

As for clearing old sigs that violate the new settings... I'm checking my notes, I don't remember if there is a way to do that or not. (never needed to, yet!)

As for clearing old sigs that violate the new settings... I'm checking my notes, I don't remember if there is a way to do that or not. (never needed to, yet!)

I'm not seeing anything obvious on an easy way to do this.

Maybe someone else has another idea, if I find something, I'll post it here.

(other than just truncate xf_user_profile.signature)

Yeah I'm an idiot. Must be new. Any way I can go back and delete users who's sigs violate these guidelines?
You can use Batch update in the ACP for this.

You'll have to identify the users yourself that violate any sig guidelines, the process for this isn't automatic.

Easiest thing to do, which I did on my site and was also done here on XenForo when these permissions were introduced is to tell your users that you'll be purging all signatures in a few days time. Then remove the lot using the batch update in the ACP. After that everyone can redo them and in the process you'll hopefully get some nice new signatures.

You can use Batch update in the ACP for this.

You'll have to identify the users yourself that violate any sig guidelines, the process for this isn't automatic.

Easiest thing to do, which I did on my site and was also done here on XenForo when these permissions were introduced is to tell your users that you'll be purging all signatures in a few days time. Then remove the lot using the batch update in the ACP. After that everyone can redo them and in the process you'll hopefully get some nice new signatures.

He's got 15k users, so I thought truncate was the best option. I'm not sure how many he would need to track down.
Could also query some data from the database and see if it would be easy to find people with excessive sigs based on the contents of the field from my post above.

He's got 15k users, so I thought truncate was the best option. I'm not sure how many he would need to track down.
Could also query some data from the database and see if it would be easy to find people with excessive sigs based on the contents of the field from my post above.
No, batch update is better - you can remove all signatures this way without going near the database. If the OP was a guru at db queries I doubt he'd have asked how to remove signatures that violate guidelines.

No, batch update is better - you can remove all signatures this way without going near the database. If the OP was a guru at db queries I doubt he'd have asked how to remove signatures that violate guidelines.

Yes, agreed, that is much safer for someone that doesn't know what they are doing.

I wasn't so much worried about md_5's abilities. :)

It's better to use the right tool for the job, or rather an existing tool.

Since it appears none exists I'll just write my own script to query the database and handle lots of IMG tags or excess characters.

Reactions: ENF
Top Bottom