• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Addon Sidebar Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtmcl

I was thinking that a nice description of my site would look good at the top of the sidebar so i decided to make a simple mod to add an extra block to it that could be controled via the admincp where i could add a description of my site and edit it whenever :) it can be added pretty much anywhere in the sidebar, even inside other blocks for an example of how it could be used take a look at My Site

Screenshots:

blockpanel.webp addblok.webp

Installing:

1- install the xml file included in the archive via the admincp
2- in the admincp navigate to, apearence >> templates >> forum_list

find

Code:
    <xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

below that add

Code:
    <xen:include template="Sidebar_Block" />

then edit the block via admincp - options - addon block

it supports html and can be used as a link block, a description or as something else :)

Attachments

its amazin the amount of forums I go to and cant work out what there about from the front page...

Nice add-on

Anyway of telling us how you got your sidebar with the different blocks? It looks awesome and I would love to try something with my sport site with it :) For some reason I can create the side block but coming up with a template for it (or getting it to call the template) seem's to have gone over my head :D

Anyway of telling us how you got your sidebar with the different blocks? It looks awesome and I would love to try something with my sport site with it :) For some reason I can create the side block but coming up with a template for it (or getting it to call the template) seem's to have gone over my head :D

If you follow the instruction in the OP that will add a block which you can edit, to alter it's position in the sidebar just move it up or down in the template edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom