Implemented Additional class if thread contains a poll / Poll icon/indicator

Mert Y

I think there should be some kind of an indicator for polls on forum display. Maybe a little icon attached to the right bottom corner of the thread opener's avatar. Something like this, but smaller:
stats-icon.png

Upvote 26
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have always thought the many icons are just clutter, it's a thread, with as a feature: a poll.
It's not a poll, with as a feature, comments.

I have always thought the many icons are just clutter, it's a thread, with as a feature: a poll.
It's not a poll, with as a feature, comments.

I totally agree but putting a little icon over the avatar wouldn't hurt as it won't use any space itself :)

A nice feature would be to watch the threadlist and then see a thread marked if a poll is included. Just like if a thead got closed, sticky, etc.

Currently there is no way to distinguish a poll from a regular post when clicking What's New. It would be nice if there was a way to tell that a thread contains a poll.
No likes yet !
Don't be discouraged, this is a "no brainer".
It's just so obvious people don't know what to think !

I think on the index page the icon shouldn't be used and go with a text prefix "Poll:" but for the thread listings where the sticky resides I think the small icons would certainly be warranted and possibly the other pages like what's new etc.

Edit: Def a text based prefix showing for polls on index.

I think on the index page the icon shouldn't be used and go with a text prefix "Poll:" but for the thread listings where the sticky resides I think the small icons would certainly be warranted and possibly the other pages like what's new etc.

Edit: Def a text based prefix showing for polls on index.

Solid idea.

Hey there,

in our forums we have a lot polls and it would be really great if users could see if a thread contains a poll or not.

In my opinion, it's also increases the user activity since if they could see a poll they much more willing to give a vote.

So my suggestion is to add an additional pollItem class to the discussionListItem. If you want to make it perfect add two different classes when a user has voted or not (pollItemunvoted / pollItemvoted) so we can style it different if someone hasn't voted yet. ;)

I use a thread prefix to identify threads with polls; it works very well as it allows filtering.

However, a separate class would be useful for those who wish to apply different styling.

Yeah, that's what i had in my mind too, but i don't think it works out so well. You have to teach your user to use the poll prefix everytime they create a poll. Right now we have a poll forum with 20 - 30 new polls a day so it would be great if we could use the prefixes for different poll topics and also could see if i already voted. :)

Prefix is no solution because then you have already a prefix and you can't use it for "categoring" the thread!

Top Bottom