XF 1.5 Adding who is online to footer (like vBulletin)

Hello @Hecter,

Looks like the colour coding for the user groups is being defined in this part (near the bottom) of the footer_stats template it asks you to create:
HTML:
<ul>
            <li>
                <span style="font-weight: bold; color: red;">Administrator</span></a> |
                <span style="font-weight: bold; color: green;">Moderator</span> |
                <span style="color: black; font-weight: bold;">Members</span> |
                <span style="color: violet; font-weight: bold;">Bots</span>
            </li>
        </ul>

On a side note, you might want to check out @Steve F 's Forum Statistics add-on:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/forum-statistics-pixelexit-com.2577/

Although it's based off IPB, it has dedicated options and style properties which should make it easier to customise.

Hello @Hecter,

Looks like the colour coding for the user groups is being defined in this part (near the bottom) of the footer_stats template it asks you to create:
HTML:
<ul>
            <li>
                <span style="font-weight: bold; color: red;">Administrator</span></a> |
                <span style="font-weight: bold; color: green;">Moderator</span> |
                <span style="color: black; font-weight: bold;">Members</span> |
                <span style="color: violet; font-weight: bold;">Bots</span>
            </li>
        </ul>

On a side note, you might want to check out @Steve F 's Forum Statistics add-on:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/forum-statistics-pixelexit-com.2577/

Although it's based off IPB, it has dedicated options and style properties which should make it easier to customise.

The colour code in the blog isn't working, I edited it all to suit my own, all its doing is adding the usergroups colour codes to the very bottom but not to the actual online members.

I also used that forum statistics add on but it doesn't work on my forum, I asked a question on the thread and no one responded so looked for an alternative.

OK, so it seems the rich text addon you're using doesn't recognise the usernames as it's a custom template, so the rich attribute needs to be manually added.

Find:
Code:
 <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">
                        <a href="{xen:link members, $user}"
                            class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{$user.username}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
                    <xen:else />
                        {xen:phrase guest}<xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>
                    </xen:if>

Replace:
Code:
  <a href="{xen:link members, $user}"
                            class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{$user.username}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>

With:
Code:
<xen:username user="$user" rich="true" class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}" /><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>

Credit to @Liam W for the template replacement from his All Rich Usernames add-on.

Top Bottom