XF 2.2 Adding stars to banners?

Alvin63

I have searched for this but didn't come up with much. Is it possible to add icon ratings like stars or similar, to user banners? And if so - how?

I can see there is code for adding an icon - but how do you determine which members get that icon and when. Assume it would mean adding a user group but would the code recognise that? I'm guessing it would need user group promotion from a 1 star, to a 2 star banner, after certain criteria are met. Would that code work with that too?

'm sure I'll work out how to set a two star banner to a different permission than a 1 star banner!

Set up a group specific to the 2 star banner.
Set up custom CSS for the 2 star banner and define it in the Other, using custom CSS class name in the User banner styling section of that group.
Set it at a higher display styling priority than the 1 star banner.
Create a promotion event based upon whatever criteria you need them to meet to gain the 2 star banner and require that they already be a member of the 1 star banner to get it to apply.
If you use banner stacking, then this will not work well as it will show all banners for the groups where you have banners defined.

Set up a group specific to the 2 star banner.
Set up custom CSS for the 2 star banner and define it in the Other, using custom CSS class name in the User banner styling section of that group.
Set it at a higher display styling priority than the 1 star banner.
Create a promotion event based upon whatever criteria you need them to meet to gain the 2 star banner and require that they already be a member of the 1 star banner to get it to apply.
If you use banner stacking, then this will not work well as it will show all banners for the groups where you have banners defined.
Thanks very much!

Top Bottom