1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Adding sidebar

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Temery, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Temery

Temery Active Member

I'd like to add a sidebar for advertising banner ads to pages other than the forum list page (I like to keep the current template on the forum list page).

EDIT: I did get this done a couple years ago by adding an Extra_Sidebar template, and modifying the Extra.css template (I had help), but the changes made seem to interfer with the responsive design. I'd like the extra_sidebar template removed for smaller mobile devices.

Question: The modification I made in 2013 was for a previous version of xenforo. Has the ability to add a sidebar to pages other than the forum list been added since then?

If not ...

How do I make the exra_sidebar template I added, "responsive?"

Thanks - And I hope I'm not too confusing.
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

You could just use this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/ create your own ad widget for the addon and then check the box when setting up that widget which says "deactivate for mobile".