Adding session activity details causes only "Viewing forum list" to show


Well-known member
I'm coming across a problem for an addon I'm developing.

When getSessionActivityDetailsForList is used, it causes all session activity for users to be stuck at "viewing forum list" no matter where they navigate on the forums

The code for the php files in ControllerPublic is located here:

The files in question are

The weird thing is. User activity works for your account but it's "broken" for everyone else. Did I setup my classes incorrectly? Am I extending the wrong class? I'm confused as to how this is happening.

When I comment out the following lines:

    public static function getSessionActivityDetailsForList(array $activities)
        return new XenForo_Phrase('checking_out_steam_stats', array('steamUrl' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('steam')));
Session activity works across the forum again for all users (however, if you a view a page for the addon, it says Viewing Unknown Page in last seen).

EDIT: Here's an example of what those files do in ControllerPublic :


Well-known member
Sorry for the double, but this bug appears to be only happening with users on Firefox. Their activity doesn't change no matter where they navigate. Chrome users' activity will update when they navigate forums. Any ideas?


Well-known member
Sorry for another repeat post, but I wanted to share my findings. The javascript I include for the addon is causing problems with Firefox and Xenforo. It's somehow breaking the last seen stuff. Going to go digging, but I suppose I could also ask in the meantime, how is last seen tracked?


Well-known member
Okay so, Narrowing it down even further now. When the javascript is included on the page and the AJAX script runs, I see a second HTML GET request in Firebug that wants to load the XenForo root directory (which in my case is /forum/).

GET /forum/ HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Accept: image/png,image/*;q=0.8,*/*;q=0.5
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
DNT: 1
Connection: keep-alive

If anybody is savvy with jQuery I'd really love the help. I've tried commenting things out, putting in static values for the templates, etc. I just haven't been able to make it work while keeping Firefox from breaking the Last Seen data on XenForo with this extra GET request.
Last edited: