• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Adding "Forum Moderators" to forum_view...

Jaxel

If you have a forum, with a lot of moderators, chances are moderators are designated to individual forums. Unfortunately, right now XenForo has no way to show the moderators for a specific forum, on that forum... So I have done it using hooks on my forum...

I do all customization on my forum to a product called "EWRcustom", its basically an Add-On that I don't release to the public, which contains all my custom settings and changes. This add-on has things like my sub forum grid listing, advert placements, thread sticky separations, user ribbons, etc. There are many hooks, custom models, listeners etc in this custom add-on of mine, but I will not be releasing the most of them to the public.

Today I just added "forum moderators" to this product and now I will show you how...

Below is my listener class: (I have removed other modifications from this class for this tutorial)
Code:
<?php

class EWRcustom_Listener_Template
{
    public static function template_create($templateName, array &$params, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
    {
        switch ($templateName)
        {
            case 'forum_view':
                $template->preloadTemplate('EWRcustom_forum_view_pagenav_before');
                break;
        }
    }

public static function template_hook($hookName, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
    {
        switch ($hookName)
        {
            case 'forum_view_pagenav_before':
            {
                $modModel = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_Moderator');
                $conditions = array('content' => array('node', $hookParams['forum']['node_id']));
                $hookParams['moderators'] = $modModel->getContentModerators($conditions);
                $hookParams['modCount'] = count($hookParams['moderators']);

$contents .= $template->create('EWRcustom_forum_view_pagenav_before', $hookParams);
                break;
            }
        }
    }
}
This is pretty simple... first it precaches a custom template called "EWRcustom_forum_view_pagenav_before". Then it looks for the hook 'forum_view_pagenav_before' which is inside the master template "forum_view". When it finds that template, it instantiates that moderator model, sends the node_id as a condition and fetches all the mdoerators for that forum. Then it builds the custom template and appends it to the hook.

Next I create that custom template "EWRcustom_forum_view_pagenav_before".
Code:
<xen:if is="{$modCount}">
    <style type="text/css">.pageContent { position: relative; }</style>
    <div class="sectionMain" style="position: absolute; top: 45px; right: 20px;">
        <b>{xen:phrase moderators}:</b>

<xen:foreach loop="$moderators" value="$moderator" i="$i">
            <a href="{xen:link members, $moderator}" class="username">{$moderator.username}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$modCount}">,</xen:if>
        </xen:foreach>
    </div>
</xen:if>

Then, simply create the two code event listeners in your AdminCP (I will not write a tutorial on how to do this as there are already several on this forum) and your moderators will be listed!

Example: http://www.8wayrun.com/forums/new-player-arena.92/

$modModel = new XenForo_Model_Moderator;

why, why why, do you use new and not XenForo_Model::create ?

It's the same with your other add-ons, sometimes you use the create method and sometimes new so it's not possible to use the xenforo proxy classes to override / extend the add-ons

$modModel = new XenForo_Model_Moderator;

why, why why, do you use new and not XenForo_Model::create ?

It's the same with your other add-ons, sometimes you use the create method and sometimes new so it's not possible to use the xenforo proxy classes to override / extend the add-ons
Because I didn't know there was a difference... I've said many times that Object Orientation is new to me (I'm primarily a procedural programmer), and nobody told me I was doing anything wrong... Also, it looks like in the past there WASN'T a difference, the difference was added in one of the betas.

Thanks for your advice... I will look into fixing my other mods.

Top Bottom