1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Adding an additional TAB to the Notable Members section

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by rdx, Dec 3, 2014.

1. rdx

rdx Member

I wanted to add an additional TAB to the notable members page under the members link. The code in the template currently looks like this for the TAB links:

Code:
    <ul class="tabs">

<li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "staff"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=staff'}">{xen:phrase staff_members}</a></li>
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "messages"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase most_messages}</a></li>
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "likes"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=likes'}">{xen:phrase most_likes}</a></li>
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "points"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=points'}">
    </ul>
    I wanted to add a line below the "points" for another user group that would be defined by the user group number. Example:

Code:
    {$user.user_group_id} == 34"
    This would create another tab and list only those users assigned to that group.

2. j0e

j0e New Member

Go to your FTP, open library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php

Add the bold code
    protected function _getNotableMembers($type, $limit)
    {
    $userModel = $this->_getUserModel();

$notableCriteria = array(
    'is_banned' => 0
    );

if ($type == 'usergroupnamehere')
    {
    $notableCriteria['user_group_id'] = array(ENTER GROUP ID HERE);
    }

$typeMap = array(
    'messages' => 'message_count',
    'likes' => 'like_count',
    'points' => 'trophy_points',
    'usergroupnamehere' => ''
    );

if (!isset($typeMap[$type]))
    {
    return false;
    }

return array($userModel->getUsers($notableCriteria, array(
    'join' => XenForo_Model_User::FETCH_USER_FULL,
    'limit' => $limit,
    'order' => $typeMap[$type],
    'direction' => 'desc'
    )), $typeMap[$type]);
    }

Next go to Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> member_notable

Add bolded code.
    <xen:title>{xen:phrase notable_members}</xen:title>

<xen:container var="$head.canonical">
    <link rel="canonical" href="{xen:link 'canonical:members'}" /></xen:container>

<xen:require css="member_list.css" />
    <xen:require css="xenforo_member_list_item.css" />

<xen:if is="{$userNotFound}">
    <div class="importantMessage">{xen:phrase specified_member_cannot_be_found_enter_entire_name}</div>
    </xen:if>

<ul class="tabs">
    <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "messages"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase most_messages}</a></li>
    <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "likes"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=likes'}">{xen:phrase most_likes}</a></li>
    <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "points"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=points'}">{xen:phrase most_points}</a></li>
    <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "staff"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=staff'}">{xen:phrase staff_members}</a></li>
    <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "usergroupnamehere"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=usergroupnamehere'}">TITLE HERE</a></li>
    </ul>

<div class="section">
    <ol class="memberList">
    <xen:foreach loop="$users" value="$user">
    <xen:include template="member_list_item">
    <xen:set var="$noOverlay">1</xen:set>
    <xen:set var="$extraTemplate"><xen:if is="{$bigKey}"><span class="bigNumber">{xen:number {$user.{$bigKey}}}</span></xen:if></xen:set>
    </xen:include>
    </xen:foreach>
    </ol>
    </div>
    Credit goes to this post https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-another-notable-member-tab.2403/

rdx likes this.
  3. rdx

rdx Member

Awesome. Thank you for this, i did a search and didn't see this thread come up.

4. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

Hello,

I wonder if any of you can help me please. I want to do something similar to what you are talking about, but what I have is:

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 11.56.30.jpg

You can see I have added a few of the "account_wrapper" tabs to the "member_notable" tabs. They link fine, but I just can't get the "active" class to apply when clicked. Here's my code:

Code:
    <ul class="tabs">
        <xen:if is="{$canViewFeaturedThreads} AND {$xenOptions.ctaFtNotableMembersTab}">
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "cta_featured_threads"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=cta_featured_threads'}">{xen:phrase cta_ft_most_featured_threads}</a></li>
        </xen:if>
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "best_answers"', active}"><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=best_answers'}">{xen:phrase most_best_answers}</a></li>

<li class="{xen:if '{$selectedKey} == "account/ignored"', active}"><a href="{xen:link account/ignored}">{xen:phrase people_you_ignore}</a></li>
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "account/following"', active}"><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}</a></li>
        <li class="{xen:if '{$type} == "registered"', active}"><a href="{xen:link online, '', 'type=registered'}">{xen:phrase members}</a></li>
    </ul>

The top 4 tabs work fine, the bottom 3 I can't get to work, you can see where I've messed about a bit trying a couple of different things, but I give up now lol

Do any of you know what I am meant to be putting there to get them to apply the "active" class?

Thank you very much :)