XF 2.1 Adding a timeline?

I don’t understand what the example is supposed to be doing. The line on the lefty just seems to give each post an icon, no time line added to an individual post. I’m not sure what would be the point?

Perhaps it's not opening up correctly on your browser? I don't know because timelines are pretty basic concepts.

Here's another example (should say light style on top of page).

Line in the middle (representing the timeline) and along the line are the actual events, alternating on left and right sides.

Shouldn't be to hard to make with a BB code. Something to represent the top (beginning of timeline), something to represent the bottom (end of timeline), line in the middle for how ever long you need the timeline, and small segment boxes where you could enter a little text (left and right events). If I knew more about how to make BB codes I don't think it would be hard to make. Should look something like this.

Perhaps it's not opening up correctly on your browser?

I see the times now, they weren't showing befoore on my iPhone.

However your question was about a timeline in a post, not a thread.

I can see how it would be in a thread (if only it also worked on mobiles) But not on a post

I'm not sure why it would need to be in a whole thread, and not a individual post?

If it didn't have a lot of events it would easily fit into a seperate post.

If it did have a lot of events, the post box would simply become bigger (elongate) on its own.

Other examples here and here..

There's lots of timeline plugins for wordpress and office, but sadly none for XF (yet).

Maybe there's a way to import a wordpress timeline into XF (like with youtube videos)? Just thinking out loud here....

Timelines could be used for all sorts of things, such as project planners, recipe makers, tutorial generators, wedding planner, work experience, web development, etc.

Attachments

• tl.webp
    tl.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You could easily replicate it with some custom bbcode and some css in extra.less

Basing it on this:

You could use something like this to do it.
[timeline]
[tlleft=2001]blah blah blah[/tlleft]
[tlright=2002]blah blah blah[/tlright]
[/timeline]

You could easily replicate it with some custom bbcode and some css in extra.less

Basing it on this:

You could use something like this to do it.
[timeline]
[tlleft=2001]blah blah blah[/tlleft]
[tlright=2002]blah blah blah[/tlright]
[/timeline]
Simple idea but works!

Top Bottom