• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adding a sidebar just with Template Modification System possible?

Marcus

Is there a way to add a sidebar with the Template Modification System (and I guess xen:callback)? Currently my solution listens to template_post_render with template hint forum_view and adds my_sidebar_forum_view template as sidebar
PHP:
class My_TemplatePostRender_ForumView
{
   public static function renderSidebar($templateName, &$content, array &$containerData, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
   {
     $containerData['noVisitorPanel'] = true;
     $sidebarTemplate = 'my_sidebar_' . $templateName;
     $output = $template->create($sidebarTemplate, $template->getParams());
     empty($containerData['sidebar']) ? $containerData['sidebar'] = $output : $containerData['sidebar'] .= $output;
   }
}

Last edited:

Marcus

It looks to be solved by simple template modification.
PHP:
<xen:sidebar>
   <xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

<xen:hook name="forum_view_sidebar">
   </xen:hook>
</xen:sidebar>
Is it allowed to add xen:hook on my own?

Jeremy

Yes, you can add-on your own hooks, but since they are deprecated they won't be added officially and may stop working in future versions.

Marcus

Good to know hooks won't be around forever. What's the best anchor for further TMS modifications? xen:comment?

My idea is to have one addon that adds sidebars to forum_view and thread_view. And then other addons will use the anchor (currently the hook) to display their templates there.