XF 2.2 adding a link to an external page

Solution
Well the advice on how to achieve it depends where you add it.

You need to be specific as to what you are attempting to achieve.

If you add it as a navigation tab, just do it like this - note the extra attributes fields:

1620693719164.png
I presume what he means is if linking to the BBC news site for example, it opens in a page in XF with the tab highlighted, rather than opening the BBC site spearately.

What is the URL of the external page?

You may be able to show it in an iframe on a page node, but the results may be less than ideal.

Hi Brogan.. no.. the other way.. how can I have a link on the forum page and when someone clicks on that link,, it opens in a new page of its own.
for example I have a section say for news, click here for news with a link to BBC. and when someone clicks that link, a new web browser window opens with the BBC home page. thank you. cheers.

I haven't inserted the link yet, it can be anywhere. On the main header with 'Home, Forum, Whats New, Members' etc. or it can be within a forum node. I am flexible as to where it can be, as long as the page will open on its own window when someone clicks it.

Well the advice on how to achieve it depends where you add it.

You need to be specific as to what you are attempting to achieve.

If you add it as a navigation tab, just do it like this - note the extra attributes fields:

1620693719164.png

Solution
Top Bottom