Implemented add wild card support to censoring?

XxUnkn0wnxX

i get so many people trying random combinations to say inappropriate things

now i am sorry or saying these but i am trying to prove my point and give an example

like i block common works like

****er
and so on...

and then i see new combinatiosn such as
t****ertest
h****

and so on i need a way to block them with a wild card like place a * before and after the word to block any words containing having that bad word in it... so it would show as ht****test

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wildcards are already supported.

If you wish to match a wildcard at the beginning or end of the matched word, add a "*" in the correct position. For example, "dog" will not censor "dogs" but "dog*" will.

Wildcards are already supported.
o k thx

but i already trying something like this

i tried *badword

i wanted it block all words before it as well not just after.. i see it is included in the thread you showed me but it didn't work in the shoutbox when many other tried to get around the censoring.. and i see words do get blocked but not the ones such as word*badword*word or

word*badword

o k thx

but i already trying something like this

i tried *badword

i wanted it block all words before it as well not just after.. i see it is included in the thread you showed me but it didn't work in the shoutbox when many other tried to get around the censoring.. and i see words do get blocked but not the ones such as word*badword*word or

word*badword
Your Shoutbox is a separate add-on. You will need to post for support on word censoring in the discussion thread for that add-on.

Top Bottom