Implemented Add what the person is doing to contact card

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm one of those ones who looks at what other people are reading to find interesting stuff - it'd be nice if the info from Online Users would show for a user in their contact card,.

Since the User Status and Last Activity are already part of the Member Card, this would fit in nicely yes.

It really depends on what people feel the membercard is for.

If the membercard is a mini-profile it'd just be easier to have the profile. If the membercard is an overview of the account, does the current activity need to be on this overview? This is the question we should be asking really. We don't want to replicate the profile on the membercard.

I'm afraid that the membercard is going to get seriously over-crowded.
So? The member card is what comes up when the user specifically says they want to see more about the person they clicked on. I agree that it shouldn't be HUGE but having a few more bits of info on it is a "good thing" in my book, and this is something that would help the user feel engaged and part of the community. +1 and Liked ;)

NOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!! I am so tired of all the snooping widgets. Maybe I want to read a thread in peace without everyone spying on me! Maybe I would like to be able to zip onto the board, read something, and bolt without someone wondering "hey, why didn't she Like my post or reply to it?" Why should everyone on a forum be able to track my every movement like I was prey? I really seriously hate this trend.

NOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!! I am so tired of all the snooping widgets. Maybe I want to read a thread in peace without everyone spying on me! Maybe I would like to be able to zip onto the board, read something, and bolt without someone wondering "hey, why didn't she Like my post or reply to it?" Why should everyone on a forum be able to track my every movement like I was prey? I really seriously hate this trend.

I can understand your gripes with it. Maybe it would be possible to include some kind of privacy setting in XenForo's 'UserCP' so that this information (what live actions you are performing) can be turned off for users who want to keep their privacy? That way you have a solution for your problem and people who enjoy this social functionality (because that is the positive side of the coin: it has the potential to actually boost social activity) can still use it.

I can understand your gripes with it. Maybe it would be possible to include some kind of privacy setting in XenForo's 'UserCP' so that this information (what live actions you are performing) can be turned off for users who want to keep their privacy? That way you have a solution for your problem and people who enjoy this social functionality (because that is the positive side of the coin: it has the potential to actually boost social activity) can still use it.
I presume theres an 'invisible' function somewhere.

Perhaps it could be added under the invisibility option on the page I linked below? One to take you offline completely, the other to show you're online but not what you're doing.

I presume theres an 'invisible' function somewhere.
http://xenforo.com/community/settings/privacy

Invisibility is the first option there. :)

Top Bottom