1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Add Signatures into Member Cards?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by 017, Nov 1, 2013.

1. 017

017 Member

I've been trying to add member signatures into member cards but the stuff inside profiles or user messages isn't working...

<xen:if is="{$user.signature}">
            <div class="memberCardSignature">
                {xen:raw $user.signatureHtml}
    Basically it just generates nothing, empty code. I'm assuming it's missing the data or something, but I don't know what I should do to go about getting it to work.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need an add on to modify the controller and fetch that data.
    Amaury likes this.
  3. 017

017 Member

Any chance I can get a pointer as to where to look within the controllers? Sorry, not very familiar with PHP.

I did some digging around but I'm not sure if this code is the part doing it for the user page/messages or if it's somewhere else:

if (XenForo_Application::getOptions()->cacheBbCodeTree && $fetchOptions['join'] & self::FETCH_USER_PROFILE && $fetchOptions['join'] & self::FETCH_BBCODE_CACHE)
    $selectFields .= ',
                        signature_parse_cache.parse_tree AS signature_parsed, bb_code_parse_cache.cache_version AS signature_cache_version'
    $joinTables .= '
                        LEFT JOIN xf_bb_code_parse_cache AS signature_parse_cache ON
                            (signature_parse_cache.content_type = \'signature\' AND signature_parse_cache.content_id = post.user_id)'