Add-ons questions

Is it there a native function to add chat or shout boxes within the thread pages or is there an add-on for this? If you can't add them within the forum pages, is it possible to create multiple chats on other "pages".

Like mentioned above do the other add-ons not give me the ability to create different chats on different pages?
I don't know about CometChat. As for ArrowChat, this allows you to create multiple chatrooms and these can be either accessed via the chatbar at the bottom of the website (which is available on all pages) or you can embed these chatrooms into XenForo pages. Currently you can't access multiple chatrooms from the chatbar (you can only be in one room at a time). I don't know about multiple chat rooms in pages, I've not tested this but in theory you could - you'd have to check with ArrowChat on that. However, their next update (not sure when it's out) will include the ability to be in multiple chatrooms.

There is a third party chat add-on.
It only supports a single chat instance, although it can be displayed on multiple pages.

Although currently true, multi-room support is sort of "here"

Changelog:

1.3.0 (14/08/2014):

• Added dark_taigachat_full template hook
  • Added preliminary multi-room support (many caveats, see first post of thread for details)
  • Fixed several instances where a user could appear in ‘members in chat’ without visiting a page containing the shoutbox
  • Added workaround for broken popup when latest UI.X framework is installed
  • BBCode is now stripped from thread titles in forum activity messages
  • Fixed super admins being able to be banned from the shoutbox
  • Fixed missing index in dark_taigachat table

Take a look at the updates section for more information: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/taigachat-pro-realtime-chat-shoutbox.1224/updates

Top Bottom