Add-on Add-on to 301 redirect nodes and threads moved from one domain to another

cdub

I'm splitting my forum into two forums...

I'm either going to use the multisite addon (however it seems a little clunky) - or I'm going to do a straight up move of the nodes from one domain to another. (this is what I'm leaning towards)

I would then need a way to 301 redirect the moved threads from the old site to the new site.

Anyone know how to do this?

The nodes would be easy enough but you would need a custom script to redirect a subset of threads from one domain to another.

Would anyone be able to help me with this script for when I do make the change?

And if so... How much would it cost?

The nodes would be easy enough but you would need a custom script to redirect a subset of threads from one domain to another.

Would one be able to run a query that would give a list of the threads in the nodes that are moved and then simply just add a line for each of those threads to the .htaccess file?

I would be all the nodes within this "film school" category:

http://www.studentfilms.com/forums/#film-school-forums.6

I also would want to keep those nodes and catgories on the current site just for backup purposes (I get wary of deleting stuff) so I guess I would then just switch those nodes to hidden? on the current site and the redirects would take care of the rest?

An addon would do the trick too I'm sure but it seems like overkill but maybe I'm wrong with how it all works. I know just enough about servers and such to get me in trouble. :)

It looks like there are several thousand threads in the nodes in that category.

You can't realistically add a single entry for each one.

Top Bottom