• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add on Rules

is there any add on rules? All authors and all add ons are trustable ?

i noticed i can add resource 0.0 but i m not coder or you dont know me what i will upload as a add on.
i am newbie and i didnt judge this until now because my page was weak rebuild is easy but now i dont wanna trouble in my page.I trust you ..you trust coders and all add ons?(exept download via internal site)

thank you.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
All license owners, or those affiliated with them can upload resources (unless they have been specifically restricted from doing so).

Don't assume the add-on/code works just because it is in the Resource Manager.

The onus is on the person downloading the resource to check.

All license owners, or those affiliated with them can upload resources (unless they have been specifically restricted from doing so).

Don't assume the add-on/code works just because it is in the Resource Manager.

The onus is on the person downloading the resource to check.
thank you for your response

S

Syndol

If you don't know enough to look over the code itself, then I would rely on the resource discussion thread and reviews in order to make an informed decision.

I would not touch an add-on that was not distributed by the author himself, especially paid ones, as you have no idea what was added to it.

If you don't know enough to look over the code itself, then I would rely on the resource discussion thread and reviews in order to make an informed decision.

I would not touch an add-on that was not distributed by the author himself, especially paid ones, as you have no idea what was added to it.
yea i cant see matrix in codes :cool: and i am checking reviews and downloaders (for fake reviews) i have to use some add ons and noone (author) think and create all our needs alone, so sometimes i m downloading from less populer author's add ons . i wonder and asked thank you for information.

S

Syndol

...so sometimes i m downloading from less populer author's add ons.
Popularity is not everything. If it is well written then the add-on is good regardless of whether the add-on is popular or not. It could have one download and no reviews and still be very good/safe.
Of course, the more people use it the more likely it is bug free (or at least the bugs are documented).
I would recommend installing new add-ons on a test forum first rather than putting it on your live forum right away.

Liam W

Just remember that someone has to download an addon first ;)

If everyone was very sceptical, then no addons would have users, as everyone wouldn't trust it because it hasn't been used by someone else...

Liam