Add-on Add-on for adding custom og image for sharing on FB and Twitter with large image

Wilouness

Hi everyone !

I hope you're all well during this trouble time all over the world. I think that no one is spared from this virus and the imposed confinement.
Obviously followers of Xenforo that we are I am sure that many of us spend part of their time of confinement on the improvement of their forum.
Since we upgraded to version 2.1 it is impossible to find an add-on that simply allows you to add an image for sharing threads on social networks (Facebook and Twitter especially).
I mean an image that takes up the full width of the publication in order to attract and make you want to click to go to the content. The default system integrating our square og-image is not sufficient design level.
Facebook groups are already doing a lot of harm to our forums, how come that Xenforo does not include these options in native, especially since the share buttons on social networks are already present in native.
This could be a paid add-on at a reasonable price or free if someone feels the soul of an altruist. I am not looking for a custom development because I am sure that this add-on or native integration would be greatly appreciated by the greatest number.
Let's share about this subject here and move on for the existence of a such add-on that is fundamental for our boards.

Thank you for your attention and I wish you a good confinment
Take care of yourself and your loved ones
HB

I hope this Add-on will help you

Hi

I have a problem with this add-on before buying it.
Firstly, defining the first image of the thread as an og image is an error. Often the image files inserted by members are screenshots from mobile that are absolutely not the appropriate size to illustrate a Facebook or Twitter publication.

Secondly this add-on does not give the possibility of uploading its own image but only an url of an image for which one does not decide the format nor the fact that it will keep its url.

Finally, does this add-on give the possibility of displaying the illustration images in Large format rather than small thumbnail ?

I mean like this :
1585442283214.webp rather than like this : 1585442332837.webp

Thank you.

Hi

I have a problem with this add-on before buying it.
Firstly, defining the first image of the thread as an og image is an error. Often the image files inserted by members are screenshots from mobile that are absolutely not the appropriate size to illustrate a Facebook or Twitter publication.

Secondly this add-on does not give the possibility of uploading its own image but only an url of an image for which one does not decide the format nor the fact that it will keep its url.

Finally, does this add-on give the possibility of displaying the illustration images in Large format rather than small thumbnail ?

I mean like this :
View attachment 221395 rather than like this : View attachment 221396

Thank you.
Yes it shows in large format

Rest can be provided as exactly you want check in-box
Hi !

I prefer buying an add-on completely finish like I said in my first post i'm not looking for custom addon but something that would be usefull for the most of us.
So if you want to improve your add-on I advise you to make it evolve globally not on a case by case basis. We all have more or less the same needs. That said I find the price of your add-on a little high for the simple functionality it brings.

Hi !

I prefer buying an add-on completely finish like I said in my first post i'm not looking for custom addon but something that would be usefull for the most of us.
So if you want to improve your add-on I advise you to make it evolve globally not on a case by case basis. We all have more or less the same needs. That said I find the price of your add-on a little high for the simple functionality it brings.
Thanks for your suggestions

You welcome !

The suggestions made by us users are invaluable to you developers. If you take this into account, your product will improve and your sales will follow because positive feedback will also follow.
This add-on already has good sale anyhow thanks

And i wish you more and more my brother inchaAllah.
This is why I assure you that working on the evolution of your addon in a global way will be more profitable for you in the long term than small customizations for a few.
Edit :
And what I fear in the tailor-made changes is that in the event of an update of Xenforo your add-on will be very likely to no longer be functional. I am not looking for something short term but rather something stable that follows the updates of Xenforo without having to ask you again for changes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom