Lack of interest Add browser-specific css prefixes for background gradient

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

refael

For example, using border-radius will be outputted in the css with browser-specific prefixes (-moz, -webkit...).
The same should be done for background gradient for cross browser support.

The possibilities that I'm aware of are:
HTML:
background: -moz-linear-gradient();
background: -webkit-gradient();
background: -webkit-linear-gradient();
background: -o-linear-gradient();
background: -ms-linear-gradient();
background: linear-gradient();
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient();

----
To not open a separate thread, same type request: adding that for css 'transition' would be also great.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For example, using border-radius will be outputted in the css with browser-specific prefixes (-moz, -webkit...).
The same should be done for background gradient for cross browser support.

To not open a separate thread, same type request: adding that for css 'transition' would be also great.
Alternatively, you could also add an option to include the -prefix-free script (available under the MIT license). I'm not going to go into the pros and cons here (that debate is way too large for this place and practically an eternal stalemate anyway), but if you want to read up on the author's point of view I'd suggest you check out this interview.

I thought Xenforo already and since version 1.0 converts such CSS to all possible prefixes automatically…. :confused:

I thought Xenforo already and since version 1.0 converts such CSS to all possible prefixes automatically…. :confused:
Not all CSS, just a couple of properties. Automatically prefixing CSS is a bit hard to do on the server side because you either A. must maintain a list of all browsers and the properties supported with/without prefixes in every version of those browsers or B. use some JS to automatically detect those properties and the browser's vendor prefix and pass that info back to the server (at which point you might as well do the entire thing client-side).

XenForo does the former and only does so for a few properties.

Top Bottom