Add BBX Escrow Crowdfunding App to xenforo.com to stimulate addon development

This is not a functionality suggestion for the XenForo software. Therefore no addon needs to be made.
The suggestion only pertains to the possibility of doing group buys / group hiring to have addons created.

I'm considering it from the perspective of groups of webmasters funding a common need like this review system for example:
Xenforo Review system - Would you invest

Such project would be much easier if there would be an integrated escrow system on XF.com

Really? Certainly looks like you were in the second quote above.

Knock yourself out. Create a third party site that specializes in funding XF addons. It's still not something that should be done on this site.
Its clear that this is your overemphasized opinion. The suggestion is site feedback for the site owners to consider if the suggestion has any value to them. Its up to them to decide what should and should not be done. Your opinion, no matter how strong you voice it, is just that.
Really? Certainly looks like you were in the second quote above.
Yes, it is my quote. The suggestion I made in the current thread is to implement functionality on xenforo.com to make safe group buys possible. The group investment in the second quote is such a group buy and illustrates in which cases such functionality on xf.com would be handy. The suggestion is not requesting an official addon nor a third party addon to be released. Its only a suggestion for functionality here.

The reactions so far make clear that many do not see much value in such function.

Yes, it is my quote. The suggestion I made in the current thread is to implement functionality on xenforo.com to make safe group buys possible. The group investment in the second quote is such a group buy and illustrates in which cases such functionality on xf.com would be handy. The suggestion is not requesting an official addon nor a third party addon to be released. Its only a suggestion for functionality here.
The reactions so far make clear that many do not see much value in such function.

The point several of us are trying to make is that it would either
  1. Require it to be written in core software
  2. It be coded as an add-on (doesn't matter whether it is done by KAM or others - it would still be an add-on)
The "functionality" of linking to the API just doesn't happen by miraculous coding. :D
It has to either be #1 or #2.
I personally don't desire to see the site get involved in something like this - just look at a couple of recent incidents of the crowd-sourcing software stuff for XF add-ons. First one that comes to mind is the Gallery that was going to be done by the individual in (I think it was) Australia.
I agree that it's not a bad idea - but just think it would be a bad idea to implement it on the core XF support board.

The point several of us are trying to make is that it would either
  1. Require it to be written in core software
  2. It be coded as an add-on (doesn't matter whether it is done by KAM or others - it would still be an add-on)
The "functionality" of linking to the API just doesn't happen by miraculous coding. :D
It has to either be #1 or #2.
Yes, I know. My request was to have this coded as an unreleased addon only installed here. This in contrast to a released addon.

I personally don't desire to see the site get involved in something like this - just look at a couple of recent incidents of the crowd-sourcing software stuff for XF add-ons. First one that comes to mind is the Gallery that was going to be done by the individual in (I think it was) Australia.
I agree that it's not a bad idea - but just think it would be a bad idea to implement it on the core XF support board.
I have not noticed the gallery drama. Its indeed easy for development projects (or anything that involves risky investments) to turn into drama and I can understand that such drama is highly unwanted for anyone.

Its interesting to note though that the same can be said(and was said) about offering addons in general, because it often happens that an addon developer does not deliver, goes missing, or even runs with the money. Or the other way around that the client is at fault. That's a bees nest right there. Yet, XF is able to offer addons in the RM without many issues (at least AFAIK) because XF only hosts the addons and is not responsible for the addons themselves and the way the system works accommodates/funnels this.

Top Bottom