Add an RSS feed block to the sidebar [Deleted]

No idea, I don't use that add-on.
Final question mate, is it possible to have an hover effect on the sidebar links? What I would like is to use the one from Styles->Message Elements->User Generated Hover. There is no similar option under General->Link Hover state

To give the opaque block image effect on the links using @imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png

Tried a few things now all with no joy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Try:
Code:
.gfg-listentry a:hover
{
color: red;
}

Adjust the CSS to suit.
Where does that code go mate in the cta_rss_feed_sidebar.css?

Edit: so that works and changes the colour what about the blocking effect you get when in messages which uses the png in my post earlier?

How hard would it be to create a sidebar alongside the list of threads in a forum?

What I'm working with now is enhancing how our private Classifieds section is arranged. We only have one single area currently, but I want to split it up into five sections to organize things a bit. My idea is to use the RSS feeds from those five individual forums and display the thread titles in the sidebar, in five sections, similar to how this template modification displays news from a handful of different news feeds in the sidebar on the forum's main page.

The problem, however, is that the Classifieds section is not available for public viewing, so bouncing an RSS feed off of an external service would not be possible. Hmmm...well, not unless I created a login for an external service, which would then have to authenticate with the forum before retrieving feeds. I'm only familiar with pulling RSS feeds from publicly available sites.

Adding a sidebar to the thread list page can be done by editing the forum_view template.
You will need to adjust the CSS accordingly to add a right margin, etc.

I'm not sure about the CSS yet, but I know I can use a conditional to get the sidebar to appear only in our Classifieds area. Or actually, since user permissions are tied to the ability to view that forum category, I could use a conditional based on the usergroup. (Actually if I use custom CSS which is used inside a <div> that I have tied to a conditional, then it'll be no problem.)

If I get a chance to work on it soon, I'll post a screenshot here. Thanks!

The Google Loader no longer requires keys. You don't need to make any changes if you're already using one, but if you choose you may simply remove the key parameter from your requests. Remember that some API calls still require proper identification through HTTP referer as per the documentation and Terms of Service.

Note that some APIs use other keys (e.g., from the Google APIs Console) which are unaffected by this change.

does this work whithout an api?

Would it be possible to get an update to this add-on then?

It's a really cool feature, I'm just worried about implementing something that will break shortly after implementation

Wonder has anyone used this on 1.4 I have 1.4.5 and could use this but was wondering anyone have success with it.?

Thanks for the resource, i have tired adding but just get the the following message: Fetching feeds...

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Top Bottom