Add ability to change post author both before and after posting

bzcomputers

There are occasions it would be nice to have the ability to change the author prior to publishing a post. It is not unusual for admins to have access to and post under multiple accounts.

It would be nice to not have to logout and back in just to make a post. This is especially useful if you've already started typing the post and realize you're on the wrong account. I have admins who also post under a News Feed Accounts, Site Update/Repair Accounts (BugBot), Editor Accounts, or they just have a member account separate from their admin account. It would be nice if they could post as anyone of those accounts from their admin account login.

The ability to change the author after a post is made would also allow for a quick fix if they forget to change the author prior to posting.

An option to change author right before posting like below for admins:
post-as.webp

Upvote 7
I like this you just have to click edit and change it after posting.

I like this you just have to click edit and change it after posting.

There are definitely a couple add-ons out there that work to change ownership/author after the fact. I currently use one, just not the one above.

I'd just like to see the option available to change the author before posting and also have it available within the core XenForo code. I know most admins need it at one time or another, seems like something needed by most admins would be better served by adding it to the core XenForo.

It's a worthy feature. On Twitter I can quickly change to different profiles and on FB I can select if I want to post from my personal or one of my pages. This is great for when you have different admin accounts that serve different purposes. However this is NOT good to offer to members.

Top Bottom