Lack of interest Add a visual indication when avatar doesn't open the Member Card

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Enigma

Avatars are used almost universally to open the Member Card. In the few places where clicking your own avatar allows you to edit it—when viewing your own Member Card and (previously?) in your username pull-down menu—I think we should do something visually to differentiate. Perhaps add a dashed/dotted orange border on mouseover to indicate the difference?

Trivial, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Avatars are used almost universally to open the Member Card. In the few places where clicking your own avatar allows you to edit it—when viewing your own Member Card and (previously?) in your username pull-down menu—I think we should do something visually to differentiate. Perhaps add a dashed/dotted orange border on mouseover to indicate the difference?

I like your idea. It's never quite clear to me when I can change my own Avatar and when it brings me just to my Profile. For instance... on my Card I can change it by clicking, but in the big Username dropdown I can't (but there is a link provided beneath it obviously). Still... a little elegant pencil that pops up (or indeed a tooltip in your Card) would be nice. Having said that... this is also no big deal if any at all.

When does it allow you to change your avatar? From my experience, you are taken to avatar settings when you click on your avatar in your member card but when else?

Top Bottom