Lack of interest Add a Style Property for Partially Invisible Members

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amaury

Going by the default style, if members have disabled their online status, they and user groups that can bypass user privacy will see their name on the forum list in a lighter blue color than that of the links, which is controlled by a style property: Sidebar > User List Invisible Username.

NkZNwZG.png

Now that we can show ourselves as online, but hide the page we're currently viewing, I think it'd be nice if a style property were created to style the color of users who have disabled the "Show your current activity" option, but not the "Show your online status" option.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I wouldn't have thought people would want to make it blatant... having something invisible (be it your presence or what you're doing) generally means not drawing attention to it :)

I wouldn't have thought people would want to make it blatant... having something invisible (be it your presence or what you're doing) generally means not drawing attention to it :)

True, but if only they and staff (generally, as they typically bypass user privacy), then the only ones it can draw attention to would be the partially invisible user and staff.

I did forget to mention this, so my bad there, but everyone else who can't bypass user privacy would see them in the regular color.

True, but if only they and staff (generally, as they typically bypass user privacy), then the only ones it can draw attention to would be the partially invisible user and staff.

I did forget to mention this, so my bad there, but everyone else who can't bypass user privacy would see them in the regular color.
I'm just not seeing the point, to be honest. Does it really warrant some kind of notification that someone doesn't want people to see what they're looking at? I can understand staff being able to see who's completely invisible but putting mark up on whether they're displaying their activity or not, to me, is as pointless as putting mark up on the rest of their privacy settings.

I'm just not seeing the point, to be honest. Does it really warrant some kind of notification that someone doesn't want people to see what they're looking at? I can understand staff being able to see who's completely invisible but putting mark up on whether they're displaying their activity or not, to me, is as pointless as putting mark up on the rest of their privacy settings.

Eh. Fair enough.

You know, if you think about it, the markup for completely invisible members could be deemed unnecessary by some as well. :)

Eh. Fair enough.

You know, if you think about it, the markup for completely invisible members could be deemed unnecessary by some as well. :)
As I said, for staff seeing who is invisible (or for admins anyway) can be important - especially if they're a known problem member. But yes, for me personally, I don't really mind not seeing who's visible or invisible at all (in fact on one site I even removed the entire block so no one could see who was online - and no one even noticed it had gone).

Top Bottom