1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Add a radius to a Google ad placeholder?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Neil E., Sep 4, 2013.

1. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

http://www.odsc.on.ca/.xenforo/index.php (not live)

I thought adding 5px radii might match other page elements better. Typically I go to EXTRA and add:

border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px !important;

But it has no effect.

screenshot of firebug:
    XF firebug.jpg

Content of template ad_sidebar_top:
    Where does "<ins style="display........." come from? (as shown in firebug)
    Am I looking at this the right way or is tweaking google ads verboten?
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is not altering the Google Ads against their TOS?
  3. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I knew I'd read that somewhere. Couldn't fine that link to post earlier. I just know Google is strict with their programs.
  5. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I'd like to do this as an experiment, just to learn how to make it work (since the site is not live). Any suggestions on what to modify to add the radius?
  6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you just customize the ad with use custom settings for ad style, or create a custom ad style and apply it when needed?

7. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

That's great, thank you. I didn't look at their custom settings. Nice simple corner change.
  8. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

On further investigation, rounded corners can only be added to text ads. When "display ads" type is selected, no corner choice is possible.
  9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

The only other way I can think of is to wrap the ad in another element and in that other element do a overflow:hidden; and a border-radius: , though I think it may be against their TOS to cover any of the ad, even if it is something as trivial as putting a radius to match your site nicely.

Then again per that link you posted it may be arguable under the terms of this line:
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013