Add a Highlight to text within a message

webbouk

Just my little offering if anyone wants to use it....

How to add a Highlight Marker to text within a message

1604013990878.webp
1604014049465.webp

Click Save

Drag the Highlight fa icon to the toolbar....
1604014186344.webp

Repeat for other toolbars

In the message box...
1604014444835.webp

Post reply output....

1604014516771.webp

I hope you find it useful :)

Not working in 2.2.10 Patch 1. The BB code saves without error but the highlighted text does not change color.

What color is the highlighted text supposed to be? My editor is black text on white background and highlighting doesn't change anything.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. [MARK]Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.[/MARK] Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Is there a limit to the number of editor toolbar icons? The addition of the icon won't save but only in the large toolbar.

Not working in 2.2.10 Patch 1. The BB code saves without error but the highlighted text does not change color.

What color is the highlighted text supposed to be? My editor is black text on white background and highlighting doesn't change anything.
Works on my forum, the highlight is yellow

Very cool! However... I've checked that I copied everything perfectly. But for me, it moves the highlighted words down to the next line like this:

1714180364140.webp

Am I missing something?
1714180423854.webp
1714180451838.webp

Also... does it work for different styles (default and "Shades of Gray") with the single custom BB code? Or do I have to create a custom BB code for each style?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom