AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics

AdBlock Detected Tracker & Statistics [Paid] v1.4.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
@Wutime I have general question might maybe non related to your product.

I had this addon disabled currently but it seems it still tracking googlebot in the access log. What do you think?

Snap25.webp

Made a copy of the production server to a test server (files and DB copied, changed relevant stuff like urls).
This addon gives me an error now. A popup comes up:
"OOPS! We ran into some problems."

Console gives some hints:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found): https://testdomain.com/wutime-adblocktracker/1/0

The directory /wutime-adblocktracker/1/0 doesn't exist in the root...

Any idea?
I ran into this too, but didn’t figure it out. Are you sure it’s a 404 and not a 400?

it happened to me for guests.

my best guess was it was due to security token issue for the Ajax submit.

arn

How do you guys solve the issue?

I had lots of POST requests by googlebot with 404 status even i had uninstalled this addon.

@Danny88 Googlebot will follow links long after they're still appearing on your website. The 404 generated is likely due to the fact you did uninstall the addon, once disabled, the link will no longer resolve properly and will result in a 404.

If my thinking is wrong please let me know. If the 404 was occuring PRIOR to uninstalling that would make my statement above false. But, if installed and enabled, the link should always resolve. Let me know please.

Also, a 404 won't hurt your ranking, in time, if uninstalled long enough, none of your pages will show that link in your HTML source, as such, Google will eventually drop the link and stop trying to access it.

I'm not sure with that 404 you mentioned. And i'm also wondering why this addon related to googlebot as POST (normally google follow links as GET) requests. I thought this addon works with just detect any crawlers. I think it has been around 1 week after i first disabled it but the requests still keep showing even after i had completely removed it.

I'm not sure with that 404 you mentioned. And i'm also wondering why this addon related to googlebot as POST (normally google follow links as GET) requests. I thought this addon works with just detect any crawlers. I think it has been around 1 week after i first disabled it but the requests still keep showing even after i had completely removed it.

That's GoogleBot for you, slow to change :). It won't last forever. Also, it's a 404, completely normal and will not effect ranking.

The original link was a post so Google continues to follow it as a post.

Sounds like everything with your website and GoogleBot are acting as expected and completely normal.

On my new server I had one user with the "Oops, we ran into some problems".
Had to disable the add-on so he could log in.

Problem is, I cannot reproduce this so cannot give you more information...

On my new server I had one user with the "Oops, we ran into some problems".
Had to disable the add-on so he could log in.

Problem is, I cannot reproduce this so cannot give you more information...

Haven't had any issues with this, or reports. Also, seems strange because this addon only adds a script call (nothing to interfere with XF).

Been using this for a while but get an error every now and again as below, no errors in xenforo ACP. Shows a couple of times but then doesn't show again for a while.

1589137793030.webp

I know a couple of others have posted the same thing, anyone found a solution?

@Stuart Wright , as a guest, Adblock blocked the ads. I didn't receive a notice. Maybe I'm not understanding the implementation.
I'm not sure it's a good idea to nag guests. It might turn them away, when you want them to stay and register. So I display a notice to people who have been added to our Adblocker user group. Which only happens to members, of course.

@Stuart Wright , as a guest, Adblock blocked the ads. I didn't receive a notice. Maybe I'm not understanding the implementation.

This add-on just secretly tracks AdBlockers and gives the forum owner the ability to deal with AdBlockers how they see fit. It doesn't "nag" or "block" the person from the site.

If you're simply looking to "nag" someone that's running adblock then you're probably looking for this instead.

This add-on just secretly tracks AdBlockers and gives the forum owner the ability to deal with AdBlockers how they see fit. It doesn't "nag" or "block" the person from the site.

If you're simply looking to "nag" someone that's running adblock then you're probably looking for this instead.
Apologies, I was confusing the two.

I recently enabled usergroup changes, but it appears to be assigning users to my special usergroup as a secondary - not a primary.

Is that normal?

I recently enabled usergroup changes, but it appears to be assigning users to my special usergroup as a secondary - not a primary.

Is that normal?

Yes, that's by design and fits with XF prescribed usergroup usage.

The primary usergroup is usually "registered" for all users of your forum (minus perhaps mods/admins)

Top Bottom