Adapting vBulletin 4.0.x Styles

We already have 3 forums running with vBulletin 4.0.x. If I was to consider switching to your system, other than being able to seamlessly import my data, would there be any way to easily adapt my modified theme and styles to this product?

Our current forums are at:

www.technightowl.com/forum
www.theparacast.com/forum
www.rockoids.com/forum

Peace,
Gene

From what I can see you are using the default theme but changed the background color and the header. Those are very mimimal changes that you can do very easily with xenforo.

From what I can see you are using the default theme but changed the background color and the header. Those are very mimimal changes that you can do very easily with xenforo.

Well a little more than that. We fixed text sizes across the board (not easy with that setup), added more white space and a few other niceties.

But, sure, if it's easy, I'll consider the move on one of the smaller forums — as long as I can translate the data.

Well a little more than that. We fixed text sizes across the board (not easy with that setup), added more white space and a few other niceties.

But, sure, if it's easy, I'll consider the move on one of the smaller forums — as long as I can translate the data.

It would help if you posted the exact changes you have made in details. But I think that you can make the same edits with ease with xenforo as well. From what I have seen so far it is very flexible.

Regarding to use it on a live forum, I think it would be best if you waited until it reached the stable version. because right now it is in beta and it is not recommended to run it into a live enviroment.

Gene I can gaurantee anything you've done in the stylevar system on vb you'll be able to achieve it on xf in less than half the time. Background changes, font changes and many other things are changed at a single click!

Gene I can gaurantee anything you've done in the stylevar system on vb you'll be able to achieve it on xf in less than half the time. Background changes, font changes and many other things are changed at a single click!

I'm encouraged.

A few more questions:

1. I notice when I get an email notice about a message, it shows a link, but not the contents of the message. Can it be set to provide the latter?

2. I'm using a vBulletin mod that parses links to such places as YouTube and embeds a video preview and Play button in the message. That available?

3. I have a vBulletin mod that also parses a link to a site and inserts a clickable title.

4. Other mods post to Twitter, provide Add-to-Any social network links, and allow us to collect PayPal donations.

Can this stuff be done yet in this product, or must we await future updates and/or modifications?

Well I used the 'insert media' (flim strip) icon to insert that and it says...
You may embed media from the following sites: Facebook; Vimeo; YouTube;

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can add other options in the adminCP, I am sure someone that actually knows what they are talking about will be able to confirm this or not.

Thanks. I also look forward for responses to my other questions. :)

1. Currently, the e-mail sent does not include the contents of the post. No doubt a plugin could be written for this.

3. I know the mod you mean. This sounds like something that would be a pretty easy plugin.

4. Not sure on those other requests.

XenForo has been on the market for 7 days. Mods, plugins, and styles are being developed quickly, but still, after 1 week it's hard to judge yet.

1. Currently, the e-mail sent does not include the contents of the post. No doubt a plugin could be written for this.

3. I know the mod you mean. This sounds like something that would be a pretty easy plugin.

4. Not sure on those other requests.

XenForo has been on the market for 7 days. Mods, plugins, and styles are being developed quickly, but still, after 1 week it's hard to judge yet.

I realize it's new to the market. I'm just listing the things I need to begin to move over. It makes less sense to turn back. For a new forum, it's not a serious problem. For an existing forum, you wouldn't want to lose critical functionality.

Thanks.

Top Bottom