1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Ad Template Conditional

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by upnet, Jan 30, 2015.

1. upnet

upnet Active Member

Im using this conditional in ad_message_below

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 OR {$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 4 OR {$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 9 OR {$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 15">

For some reason this change seems to be making my adsense in ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb dysfunctional. I get the spacing for the ad but no add showing.

If I remove everything at OR and after in the conditional then my ad in ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb works fine. So I must suck at writing the conditionals. Anyone?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That conditional statement shouldn't affect the other template.

It's possible you have malformed code somewhere or your other template code is incorrect.
  3. upnet

upnet Active Member

Thanks for the response. It sure seems to be the conditional though because If I shorten it to

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 OR {$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 4">

Then the ad in ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb shows fine. Very strange.
  4. Brogan

It works for me in my testing.
  5. upnet

upnet Active Member

Oh well. I'll just leave it with two ads for now. Works fine that way, maybe the universe is telling me not to have so many ads.
  6. Brogan

It could be an AdSense limitation.

Try replacing the ad code with placeholder text to confirm that.
    upnet likes this.
  7. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

IIRC Adsense do not allow more than 3 ads per page. So you'll likely see nothing after the third one...
    upnet likes this.
  8. upnet

upnet Active Member

Guess I'm getting greedy. Thanks for the help.