• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

activation after changing vps hosts

I have planning on setting up my site using Xenforo on a rather new but well reviewed host called Digital Ocean. However they don't offer proportionately growing transfer data as other sites. So in case I need to transfer from it to another vps host, do I need to reactivate my license? Or I just stay put about it?
Are there any issues I should be careful about when changing my vps provider?

now that I'm starting to pre design skins for my forum, does Xenforo support multiple skins/styles for different sub forums?

Thank you very much!

No, your license is tied to your domain.

Yes, multiple styles can be used.
Cool!
So I'm going to make the purchase today and set it up. I have made a post two days ago about the license being transferable between domains as long as I'm the legit holder.

I guess for me it's the final question here: I'm going to test/adjust the forum with a test domain first until customization is complete, then I'll switch it to a fixed domain. Part of the issue is my team hasn't figured out what domain best suits the site. I think to that thread you replied as yes and I can transfer between domains, I'll just reconfirm here that the 'test and switch' tactic is logic and doable. So that I don't accidentally tie my forum to a test domain forever!

Thank you!