XF 1.2 Activate account

BassMan

I can see on my board I have several unconfirmed accounts (but I don't see any of them in Users > Users awating approval in ACP!).

1. How can I prevent registered but unconfirmed accounts to browse the forum? I would like to act like that: someone register and see the activation message on forum (to check email etc.). So, I would like users to stay on that site until account is confirmed (now they can browse as guests...).
  2. How can I remind unconfirmed accounts and send them activation email one more?

Thanks in advance.

This:

Admin CP -> Users -> Users Awaiting Approval

...is for when you have moderation enabled for new accounts:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Registration -> Enable Manual Approval

Your issue is different. You are talking about users who haven't yet confirmed their email.

1) "Invalid" users (awaiting moderation or email confirmation) use the guest permissions which is this group:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed

2) You can send out mass emails here:

Admin CP -> Users -> Email Users

In the mass email you can include this link where they can request the activation email again:

http://www.yoursite.com/account-confirmation/resend/

Thank you. Just another question.

Is it possible that one user can't activate account even if he click on a link?

A have a user that is claiming he clicked on activation link several times, but it won't activate his account.

I've made several testing and see everything is working ok. I even noticed that people activate their accounts after his registering. So, is it possible that it is something wrong with his email? Don't know what else to think of....

Thank you. Just another question.

Is it possible that one user can't activate account even if he click on a link?

A have a user that is claiming he clicked on activation link several times, but it won't activate his account.

I've made several testing and see everything is working ok. I even noticed that people activate their accounts after his registering. So, is it possible that it is something wrong with his email? Don't know what else to think of....

Those links expire after 3 days, after which time they must request a new one.

Top Bottom