Add-on ACP setting to delay emails triggered by replies to watched content

EchoRomeo

It'd be nice if you could set a delay between when a thread is replied to and when the email containing the reply text gets sent to people watching the thread. I think it's common for people to reply to a thread then immediately notice a typo or that they forgot to include some key detail, after which they go back and immediately edit their reply. It'd be nice if there was an ACP setting that allowed for a small delay (maybe 1 min) between when the reply is posted and when the reply text gets emailed out. This would ensure that thread watchers receive 100% accurate info when they glance at reply emails in their inbox.

Not interested in sponsoring custom development for this (for those who PM'd me) but this does seem like an obvious tweak to how the XF notification system operates that should be made available as an admin option. Wondering if the likes of @AndyB or @Ozzy47 (or others) might be interested in taking this on? I'd probably be willing to pay $10-$20 range to add this setting.

It'd be nice if there was an ACP setting that allowed for a small delay (maybe 1 min) between when the reply is posted and when the reply text gets emailed out.
Post an XF suggestion for this? Its functionality could be converted to a cron job at /admin.php?cron/ so you could set it to run at a timeframe desired.

Back
Top Bottom