Lack of interest Acknowledge Server Error

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Floyd R Turbo

I'm not sure how many people are bugged by this but I would like to be able to "acknowledge" a server error without deleting it or clearing the log.

The issue is that in order to get rid of the annoying "Server errors have been logged. You should review these." alert on the ACP home page, you have to delete them. Sometimes I want to keep them and investigate further and then clear them once they are resolved, but in the meantime I still want to know if new errors occur that I haven't looked at yet. But this is not the way it works. And that generally annoys me.

My suggestion:

Add "acknowledge" to the overlay that will "mute" the alert.

Of course, if you had multiple alerts, you would have to mute them all in order to clear the alert on the home page, so maybe "acknowledge all" on the Server Error Log screen as well.

Additionally, to keep admins from hoarding alerts, include a setting that un-mutes or restores acknowledged alerts after X amount of days.

Like if you think this should be added

Thanks
Bud

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom