Achievements Gaming (L) Update BETA

Brad P

Well, I say beta, because I haven't really had that much to do as i have moved the style over from S0rethumbs as that site is no more.

But yeah, it's an attempt at a somewhat different type of forum, from my last forum, me and a friend Rags have changed up the forums list and made some minor edits and added add-ons to the look and the message layout. Homepage needs some work still.

Anyway here is the link and screenshots below. Let me know what you think any ideas and criticism are welcome :)
http://www.achievementsgaming.com/forums/

How my style started off to what it is now
upload_2016-8-17_9-33-25.webp
upload_2016-8-17_9-37-16.webp

Forum List Top
upload_2016-8-17_9-17-3.webp
Forum List Bottom
upload_2016-8-17_9-18-4.webp
Homepage
upload_2016-8-17_9-20-13.webp
Message Layout
upload_2016-8-17_9-20-57.webp
upload_2016-8-17_9-21-28.webp
Premium Page
upload_2016-8-17_9-22-41.webp

Chat
upload_2016-8-17_9-23-33.webp

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-17_9-22-13.webp
    upload_2016-8-17_9-22-13.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2016-8-17_9-35-26.webp
    upload_2016-8-17_9-35-26.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Good luck with your new site, it looks good so far. Not sure what happened to s0rethumbs but at least you've managed to keep the basis of the style.

The only minor thing I'd probably change from what I've seen so far is to centre of gamer icons on the message layout.

Last edited:
Good luck with your new site, it looks good so far. Not sure what happened to s0rethumbs but at least you've managed to keep the basis of the style.

The only minor thing I'd probably change from what I've seen so far is to centre of gamer icons on the message layout.
Hey Gemma,
For some odd reason all my backups got corrupted and I wasn't able to recover anything.

nevertheless I do have my style and edits to keep playing with.

ahhh yes when I get to my pc I will centure the icons.

Also Gemma how would I add more font awesome icons in the homepage. It is displaying 2 already but want to add the ones you had on before

Also Gemma how would I add more font awesome icons in the homepage. It is displaying 2 already but want to add the ones you had on before
Are you still using Dadparvar's add-on for your homepage? I've never used that so I don't know if there is an option in the style properties or you may need to enable the options in the CTA style properties?

I would change this to the percentage shown below to what you see there (or play around with it)

Code:
.ctaftgvContainer .statsSection .statSpan {
    width: 46.2%;
}

Gives you this for your 'read more' link instead of it being cut off.

upload_2016-8-17_19-48-26.webp

I would also text align left with this

Code:
.ctaftgvContainer .mediaControls {
    padding: 0 5px 5px 5px;
    text-align: left;
    border-bottom: 0;
    -webkit-border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    -moz-border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    -khtml-border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    border-top: 1px solid rgb(245, 245, 245);
}

To move your date to the left - seems more pleasing to the eye for me (subjective)

upload_2016-8-17_19-51-8.webp

Other than that it's looking great - and superb choice of theme to run with too as it can be customised with ease.

Nice job!

:)

I would change this to the percentage shown below to what you see there (or play around with it)

Code:
.ctaftgvContainer .statsSection .statSpan {
    width: 46.2%;
}

Gives you this for your 'read more' link instead of it being cut off.

View attachment 139326

I would also text align left with this

Code:
.ctaftgvContainer .mediaControls {
    padding: 0 5px 5px 5px;
    text-align: left;
    border-bottom: 0;
    -webkit-border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    -moz-border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    -khtml-border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
    border-top: 1px solid rgb(245, 245, 245);
}

To move your date to the left - seems more pleasing to the eye for me (subjective)

View attachment 139327

Other than that it's looking great - and superb choice of theme to run with too as it can be customised with ease.

Nice job!

awesome thanks ill add this later. Would you know how could add an eye icon ij there? To show how many have viewed the feature. ?

OK have looked at the code and there is nothing there to display the eye icon; I don't use that add-on so can you check the options for that add-on to see if views can be enabled?

If not then this is the code that needs to be inserted, it's in the cta_featuredthreads_featured_list_item template - but it will need some altering to add the font awesome eye to replace the views phrase.

Code:
<xen:if is="@ctaFtEnableViewsPage">
                            <span class="ctaFtViewsPage">{xen:phrase cta_ft_views}{xen:number $featuredThread.view_count}</span>
                        </xen:if>

Let me know how you get on.

OK have looked at the code and there is nothing there to display the eye icon; I don't use that add-on so can you check the options for that add-on to see if views can be enabled?

If not then this is the code that needs to be inserted, it's in the cta_featuredthreads_featured_list_item template - but it will need some altering to add the font awesome eye to replace the views phrase.

Code:
<xen:if is="@ctaFtEnableViewsPage">
                            <span class="ctaFtViewsPage">{xen:phrase cta_ft_views}{xen:number $featuredThread.view_count}</span>
                        </xen:if>

Let me know how you get on.

upload_2016-8-19_12-2-17.webp
Found the problem, it was not activated on CTA SP, i was looking on the wrong add-on :eek:
I was going to add it and noticed it is actually in the template and also has a setting in the SP, what i am baffled by is that its not displaying ?

Last edited:
Is that in the original CTA settings or the [HA] CTA FT Layouts settings. It could be that the [HA] settings are different and may not honor the original; that code snippet I posted above doesn't appear in the page coding, so it may have been omitted, either purposely (for whatever reason) or accidentally. I'd check with the authors before messing with templates.

;)

Without access to the templates I'm not sure whether the code to move is in the CTA originals or the [HA] alternative. The CSS class would have to go into the EXTRA.CSS template and that can be called anything along with whatever you want to alter. That class would have to be added to the code in the template. It's reasonably straight forward as long as you know where to look and what to look for.

That's not a great deal of help, but that's how it is - without hands-on.

So made some changes over the last few days, hopefully i have made it more easy on the eye and clean looking, see images below.

Homepage: Added more font awesome images and prefixes to our homepage news and used @Davyc suggestion about moving calendar to the left side.
upload_2016-8-20_11-36-53.webp

Forum List: Added border around forum list, added Font Awesome icon ratings into visitor panel.
upload_2016-8-20_11-42-22.webp

Message Layout: centred gamer icons suggestion from @Gemma :) removed borders from user info area and added reputation meter (trophy points) made by PoetJC
Not sure how to set out the message info as i think there is a lot going on the badges are only visible if the user decides to feature them.. suggestions welcome please??? maybe remove something, move something???
upload_2016-8-20_11-47-38.webp

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-20_11-46-58.webp
    upload_2016-8-20_11-46-58.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Message layout looks fine - a little adjustment to the margins eases the crowding and gives a bit of breathing space around your trophies - you can play around with the pixel count until you get what you prefer:

Code:
.messageTrophyInfoContainer.minimal {
    background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);
    text-align: center;
    height: 24px;
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

upload_2016-8-20_14-13-21.webp

Message layout looks fine - a little adjustment to the margins eases the crowding and gives a bit of breathing space around your trophies - you can play around with the pixel count until you get what you prefer:

Code:
.messageTrophyInfoContainer.minimal {
    background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);
    text-align: center;
    height: 24px;
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

View attachment 139460
Simple change and thank you, looks a lot better :)

Top Bottom