Access to downloads after expiry of license

vijayninel

Hi,

I would like to know if we will have access to security updates and the ability to download versions that we had access to like we have in vbulletin ? Like if my vb license expired in vb 3.8.5, I will still have lifetime access to 3.8.5 and even some security updates released for that version ? Is it similar for xenforo or do we have to pay again to get access to versions that we already had access to?

Thanks.

Ashley recently updated it actually ;)

Find here for the post

"We have made some changes to how license extensions will work and to the areas of access, in order that customers understand the intention to provide benefit. The reactivation is no longer applicable (at all). Those customers with a license, will be able to access licensed customer areas, irrespective of the license status (obviously this does not apply where license have been chargedback or the likes)."

Those customers with a license, will be able to access licensed customer areas, irrespective of the license status (obviously this does not apply where license have been chargedback or the likes)."

Yes, what is not clear in that post is that which licensed customer areas will be accessible. Will we have access to the downloads section and security updates as well ?

Yes, what is not clear in that post is that which licensed customer areas will be accessible. Will we have access to the downloads section and security updates as well ?
ALL licensed customer areas will be accessible to licensed customers, even if your license is out-of-date.

However, you must keep your license up-to-date to be able to download new versions of XenForo.

Probably just... (In future some add-on(s))
  • Your licenses
  • Your details
  • Recent tickets
  • Get support * (12 months free, then extend for $40) All subject to change...
  • Forum users
  • Buy new licenses
It all will be posted officially by xenForo within Offical forum 'Announcements', as everythig else is just chatter.
same goes with just what I have recently posted...

I only see the one that was on Oct 5 2010... Are you able to see thread that have not been posted of just yet?

Do to same changes that recently happened, but I do not remember anything about 'React. Fee' on announcements. Only cost/renewal, or was that just edited out.

(I know it is a dead issue, but I think it went about the wrong way in implementing this 'Fee'... You need to easy it in and not use “Shock Tactics”... Some get spooked easily)

Note: Post Date a posting...

ChitChat... chitchat... chitchit...chatchat is all it is :p....... if you have not notice it by now, I am not serious. :D I only read announcements and not really the thread of others, ;)

No one was using any "shock tactics" Jose. And the announcement by Ashley is as follows -

From the beginning, we are keen that customers understand what they are buying, how it works and what the costs are. We mentioned that we want customers to extend their licenses, regularly, and want customers to understand the value of extending their license and have them access areas where an active license is necessary. We proposed the license extension and reactivation fees with this in mind.

There has been much discussion, here and in this thread and serious amounts coffee has been consumed. We have considered the points and are disappointed that there is a perception that customers are being unfairly forced into extending licenses and that they are being penalised.

We have made some changes to how license extensions will work and to the areas of access, in order that customers understand the intention to provide benefit. The reactivation is no longer applicable (at all). Those customers with a license, will be able to access licensed customer areas, irrespective of the license status (obviously this does not apply where license have been chargedback or the likes).

Thank you for your support.

Peggy... how are you today, are you feeling well? I am feeling fine and thanks for asking. A funny thing about that post who quote from... Is that I read it before and thought it was about the renewal fee that was going to be charged and I was fine with that part... Then I was pointed out it was another fee which after reading some of Ashley's post is when I got the just of what the huff was about.

Thanks for showing me that post again, as I thought I had that burn into my head... If I have any futher question, may I direct it to you? As I feel we have a connection you and I. :)

[Hint: You did not read my entire post above.] ;)

Top Bottom