About to switch to Xenforo but need help understanding vbseo album redirect problem

moleculo

Subject pretty much says it all. I think I've found out how to switch just about all vBulletin functionality over to Xenforo but the vbseo user album redirect problem is troubling to me. The issue is that several users of my site (me included) have used the album as the location to store important photos for product reviews. Has anyone figured out a redirect script to make this part of the transition smooth? This is a major issue for me, so if I can solve this, I'm jumping ship to Xenforo.

Thx for the help in advance

Any particular reason why over http://xenmediagallery.com/ ?
As of now, Xen Media Gallery has no user albums (coming in 1.3 - once @Chris Deeming gets through with his custom projects) would be one guess. It also has importers that Xen Media Gallery does not currently have - since there are not user albums in it. Each has it's benefits - but currently if you want actual user galleries then you are left with no real choice but @sonnb's Xen Gallery.
I know that I'm patiently waiting on the user galleries. I have 3 registered copies in use.

but currently if you want actual user galleries then you are left with no real choice but @sonnb's Xen Gallery.

Sounds good. User galleries/albums is a big deal for me - almost a deal breaker if I don't have that functionality. Let's say I convert and import to Xen Gallery - how do I deal with the URL's embedded in all of the posts? This isn't going to be as trivial as just edit every post; there are too many.

Sounds good. User galleries/albums is a big deal for me - almost a deal breaker if I don't have that functionality. Let's say I convert and import to Xen Gallery - how do I deal with the URL's embedded in all of the posts? This isn't going to be as trivial as just edit every post; there are too many.
Currently the importer does not allow to retain id. I will update to allow retain ID. With XF 1.2 route changer, you could easily route old URLs to new URLs in XenGallery.

Currently the importer does not allow to retain id. I will update to allow retain ID. With XF 1.2 route changer, you could easily route old URLs to new URLs in XenGallery.

OK, so that helps with one issue. The second issue is the album/picture URL rewrites that I currently have in place with VBSEO. How do I deal with that? I get quite a bit of benefit and traffic from people googling for product images that are hosted in those albums. Those rewritten URLs are also what is embedded in the posts.

OK, so that helps with one issue. The second issue is the album/picture URL rewrites that I currently have in place with VBSEO. How do I deal with that? I get quite a bit of benefit and traffic from people googling for product images that are hosted in those albums. Those rewritten URLs are also what is embedded in the posts.
I believe that you could achieve that with .htaccess redirect.

Top Bottom