XF 1.4 About permission

tonnyz

I am aware of the recources explaining about XF permission system, just have some questions for making sure though.

I have 2 questions here:

1. Just for making sure, all usergroup, except unregistered usergroup, will be retained when a user is promoted to a new one. Unregistered group will be deprived once a user is registered. - CMIIW

Let's say if I have my usergroup permission set like this:

registered usergroup
Edit custom titles : allow
Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes): Unlimited
Reputation power: 1

promoted usergroup
Edit custom titles : not set
Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes): 5 min
Reputation power: 3

As the usergroup permission setting above, user A gets promoted from registered to promoted usergroup. Then the final results :

a. Edit custom titles will be : allow - CMIIW

b. Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes) will be : Unlimited - CMIIW

c. Reputation power will be: 3 - CMIIW

d. Numerical permission format such as "time limit" or "reputation power" will always work by overriding smaller value with the larger one
(hence, '1' will not be added with '3' to '4', coz '3' will override '1' instead, while 'unlimited' will override all value)
- CMIIW

Thanks in advance :)

I don't really understand the first question.
The unregistered/unconfirmed user group only applies to visitors and unconfirmed accounts.

Permissions are cumulative so with regards to the numerical values, the higher value always applies.
You should set the user groups up so that the lower values are set in the Registered user group and the higher values are in the promoted user groups.

I don't really understand the first question.
The unregistered/unconfirmed user group only applies to visitors and unconfirmed accounts.
@bold: you answered it :D

You should set the user groups up so that the lower values are set in the Registered user group and the higher values are in the promoted user groups.
Yes, I'm aware of this. The example above just an intentionally designed condition for me to understand this system. I'll not set it as above.

Permissions are cumulative so with regards to the numerical values, the higher value always applies.

Sorry, I'm lost with this.

I think red is contradictive with green

red would mean: 1+3=4
while
green would mean: 1+3=3 (the larger override the smaller)

Do you mean it works as the green one ?

Top Bottom