• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 About nodelist permission

I have a basic group, Registered.
Also i have a kind of "premium" group, Full Registered. A Full Registered member got has primary group ever "Registered".

If i set a revoke for some features in a particular node for Registered, and then i leave INHERIT for Registered Full for the same node and features do the registered full users got the same revoking of Registered ? After all Registered FULL are ALSO Registered.

Am I missing something ?

PS: hummm, i fear that NEVER instead of revoke should do the trick, just a little bit confused

Thanks a lot, i missed the jake's one with perm math example.
Anyway i have an issue.
I have Administrative user that is also a Registered.
I have also Moderating user that is also a Registered. Moderating usergroup can warn post.
In order to avoid Moderator warning on a a particular forum, i set a REVOKE node permission to Registered and leave an INHERIT node permission on Moderating. THat works.
Then i set an ALLOW node permission (to the same node) to Administrative in order to null the REVOKE coming from being a Registered but it seems this doesn't work. Administrative can't warn.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Administrators aren't moderators and vice versa.

If you want administrators to moderate then they must be granted moderator permissions or added to the Moderating user group.

Yep i know and indeed the Administrative Users was already added to the Moderating Group too. For this reason I don't explain why the Revoke + Allow doesn't work.

Also, Administrative can warn in all other nodes where i did not made that set up i described in the first post.

SOrry if this seems an odd request but for a security reason.i want to be sure to understand the permission system before officially re-open the forum.

yep but this is not an inherited Allow. I set the ALLOW to the Administrative in the same node where i set the REVOKE to the Registered. No other setting was made in the parent category node.

Ok, i confirm that i'm a total idiot.
I wanna to share with all of you the solution of this mysterious mystery in order to give you a free big laugh.

I set al the stuff in forums used only or a lot by administrator...this means by my self. When i clicked into a thread to see if the damned "warn" link appearing i ever looked at my posts......of course i can't warn my self so i never saw the "warn" link :rolleyes:

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for help Brogan.

EDIT: of course i can't warn other Admins