About lisences

Sprisa

I'm thinking about creating a forum, and had a question, if that forum doesnt do well can i use the lisence on another forum (like change the domain and stuff)

Yes, you can change the domain for each license in your account.
If you do so, you must stop using this XF license on the unsuccessful site as one license may be used for one installation only (+ 1 non-public, protected test site)

Yes, you can change the domain for each license in your account.
If you do so, you must stop using this XF license on the unsuccessful site as one license may be used for one installation only (+ 1 non-public, protected test site)
can it be done when the lisence is inactive (aka not renewed)?

Yes, you just change the domain in your customer portal and stop using the site at the original domain. If you close off access to anyone except yourself, ie behind a firewall on the host, on the original domain and use it for testing only, you'll probably be ok, too. @Brogan could you please confirm if my second point is right?

You can install one or more copies of XF on your local PC for testing and development. Just make sure that they're not accessible to anyone but yourself, ie locally with your account only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom