Duplicate Ability to View Profile Conversations between Two Users

Amaury

Would it be possible to add a function that would let you see all conversations you've had with another user on profiles without having to dig and dig through their profile or your profile and go back and forth between profiles to follow along old conversations.?

The back and forth is mostly for those that come from vBulletin, where you can view conversations just between you and another user, and import.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The rules of the forum request that you don't bump threads, and just like the first post. You are free to post in it if you would like to add something to the suggestion, and nobody would say anything (yelling at you for bringing up an old post that is). :)

The rules of the forum request that you don't bump threads, and just like the first post. You are free to post in it if you would like to add something to the suggestion, and nobody would say anything (yelling at you for bringing up an old post that is). :)

Well, I have nothing to add, just that I would be for it. :x

Thanks, though. :)

I think profile post comments are designed for conversation rather than posting on each others' profiles.

Yeah, they are. What about it?

I'm not sure of many people who actually reply to profile posts by posting on the profiles vice versa. Normally someone will make a post and the conversation will continue in the comments, so I'm not sure of the purpose of this.

EDIT: After properly reading the first post and not just scanning, it seems you want a way to find all posts you've made on another user's profile?

Last edited:
I'm not sure of many people who actually reply to profile posts by posting on the profiles vice versa. Normally someone will make a post and the conversation will continue in the comments, so I'm not sure of the purpose of this.

Well, in vBulletin, if you reply by going to the user's profile rather than clicking View Conversation, it would still be in your conversations if you went to View Conversation later.

Obviously, the way it's set up on XenForo, where it's like Facebook's comment system, is great. I'm not saying that should be removed, just add a function that would let you view your profile conversations with a selected member similar to what vBulletin does with converse.php.

For example, if you go to my profile here, you'll see several comments on my profile. Now, let's use my friend Llave for the example. You'll see a recent comment from him, as well as some more if you scroll down through the first page. Let's say I wanted to see only conversations he started on my profile and not everyone else's. Adding a function like converse.php on vBulletin would allow this; it would be vice-versa if I went on his profile and wanted to see only conversations I started.

Adding this functionally would also allow viewing conversations between two members not involving you. Say I wanted to view only conversations between Llave and Cat, for example.

Last edited:
The functionality exists to only show profile posts by a specific member on your profile. See the search here:
http://xenforo.com/community/search/?type=profile_post

All you'd need is to turn that into an addon that puts a link on the profile. It might even be a simple template mod if you can pass parameters into the search.

So the functionally kind of already exists is what you're saying, James?

KH-Vids, the forum I linked to, moved from vBulletin to XenForo in August 2012, so I'd still have to go back and forth between profiles for pre-move conversations. However, this searching will make it easier.

Yeah, you can hook into that search to search all profiles posts by user X on profile Y.

Now you can either manually search or create/request an addon that will add that link on profiles.

Top Bottom