Implemented Ability to upload picture via android/apple?

Tower

Hello,
This should be pretty self explanatory, allow the user to upload pics via there phone. I noticed you can do this only if you take a picture, however existing pictures cannot be uploaded.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you please explain a bit more?

I've just uploaded an image to XFMG on my site using an existing image on my Android phone that I took back in August.

Can you please explain a bit more?

I've just uploaded an image to XFMG on my site using an existing image on my Android phone that I took back in August.
Oh, I just tried doing it from my Samsung Nexus 4 and I was only able to take a picture and save it, I couldnt upload an existing photo.

You can't upload via an app if that's what you mean.

You can upload it like any other attachment when using the forum.

Oh, I just tried doing it from my Samsung Nexus 4 and I was only able to take a picture and save it, I couldnt upload an existing photo.
It may be just a case of working out on your phone where the photos are stored when you are adding an image to XFMG. On mine when I click on Choose file in the Gallery, I get an overlay on the phone which says "Choose an action". There are 4 options (Android System, Video camera, sound recorder and Documents). It's Documents that I choose to then be able to go to the folder with my images in.

Of course it will be different for different phones but it can definitely be done. :)

How files are uploaded from the phone are dependent on how the phone implements the functionality. XFMG / XenForo cannot control this portion of functionality.

Top Bottom