Lack of interest Ability to skip signature (per post basis)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

bobs409

I don't think it's been suggested before (I searched)

As the administrator of my forum, there are a lot of times I'd like to skip showing my signature on posts and replies of my choice.

Would like to see a check box near the submit button so you can skip the signature on a per post basis. I think a check box that is ticked to show signature as default. Just un-tick it to skip signature.

At the very least I'd like to see this for administrators/moderators but I think it would be useful for all users. :coffee:

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is exactly what we are looking for, it was a standard feature in VBulletin that we got used to using and would like to have it back.

It allows members who are friends, to continue chatting with each other in their threads, when they are sponsored by different sponsors.

Once a member is sponsored by a sponsor, they add the sponsor's website link to their signature. To respect our ethical guidelines and avoid drama from cross promoting without permission, we ask that other members who are sponsored by other sponsors in their signatures, turn these signatures off when posting in each other's sponsored threads.

This has been the only solution to a 25 year old problem and we really need it back, to save valuable time and energy from our Mod team, as well as keeping the peace with the members and sponsors alike. Not so bad when you have a few thousands members, but when you have hundreds of thousands of them, it can become quite the time consuming and stressful rabbit hole.

Thank you for listening, meanwhile I'll try to hire a developer to create an add on.

Working with a developer to create the add on, as we speak.

I just like it better when it's part of the core software, instead of yet another add on.

This is also one of the things in the core of vbulletin that I miss.

If you have one or two posts in a page of a thread it’s to have your sig, but if it gets into s kind of dialogue where your posts are every other one then the option to not have it is great and keeps the thread tidier.

I think it it would be great as a core feature

Thank you Mr. Lucky.

It really does help keep things tidy and focused on topic, for those of us who are attention to detail and actually care.

Especially for those who have long signatures.

Once a member is sponsored by a sponsor, they add the sponsor's website link to their signature. To respect our ethical guidelines and avoid drama from cross promoting without permission, we ask that other members who are sponsored by other sponsors in their signatures, turn these signatures off when posting in each other's sponsored threads.

This has been the only solution to a 25 year old problem and we really need it back, to save valuable time and energy from our Mod team

Wouldn't this contribute to more moderation? Instead of them being on all the time, you leave it to your members to turn them off individually. Meaning, you will have to moderate when they fail to. A better solution could be an add-on that only shows the signature of the OP in specified forums (promotion). This way, it is automated. Or have them all off per-forum, as, the OP will have their promotion in the post and they don't need their sig in a promotional thread. Either of these seem better to me.

Top Bottom