Implemented Ability for moderators at all levels, to put members in/out of moderation.

Dean

in memoriam
This is a big deal for us. We need to moderate everyones first posts for a variety of reasons. Then cron job executes, and a short time later, they are promoted to another group.

Ideally a moderator could approve someones post, and immediately click a button to remove them from the moderation requirement. And that would allow for the rare instance when they sense that some people may need to have more than 1 post moderated. The moderators could decide for themselves if 3 posts need to be made before the account is not moderated.

And, of course, if someone goes 'bananas' and has a bad night, any moderator could click a button and put them in moderation.

Please.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Some people find your idea okay, but others not. I don't want moderators to be moving stuff around too much.

And I don't mean move from forum to forum kind of move, I mean like turning on a thread and putting them into moderation, etc.

Sometimes I like to see something happen publically so that I can get on the case, ASAP.

Some people find your idea okay, but others not. I don't want moderators to be moving stuff around too much.

And I don't mean move from forum to forum kind of move, I mean like turning on a thread and putting them into moderation, etc.

Sometimes I like to see something happen publically so that I can get on the case, ASAP.
I believe there is some really basic communication issues happening.

What software are you using now?

How do you turn on a thread with that software?

I administrate a Halo vBulletin site, and it has moderated threads. Its a hack.

It can't be viewable to the public, but only to mods/admins. I don't know if there's spam on the site from a non-admin view. So I can't keep it under weather control.

To turn on a thread to make it viewable, you must approve it from either admin/mod view, or from threadview.

I administrate another one, a call of duty one, it has the same thing.

This is a big deal for us. We need to moderate everyones first posts for a variety of reasons. Then cron job executes, and a short time later, they are promoted to another group.
And, of course, if someone goes 'bananas' and has a bad night, any moderator could click a button and put them in moderation.
I'm guessing this is now covered with the user group promotions and warning system?

(I'm just going through some old suggestions to see if any can be closed off.)

Top Bottom