A Walker Bit Me (Walking Dead / Zombies / Horror)

Kevin

AWBM Logo.webp
I recently acquired A Walker Bit Me (AWBM) and it is a site primarily oriented to the show The Walking Dead on AMC. We (myself and @Azhria Lilu) have been reworking the site in anticipation of making it easier to upgrade to XF 1.2 when it is ready.
  • The style is a slightly tweaked version of Casual by @Russ at PixelExit.
  • The "Media" section is Xen Media Gallery by @Chris Deeming.
  • The "Characters" pages are done via Showcase by @bobster65 at NFL Junkies.
  • The Twitter module in the upper-right is by @John at Razor Themes.
  • When logged in the Chat box is TaigaChat by @Luke Foreman (it is not visible to guests).
  • Some other misc. add-ons are XenMoods, XenQuotations, and Post Ratings along with several others. If you have a question about a particular something you see, feel free to ask.
  • Various visual graphical elements are being used that were originally done by @Sheldon and @Shelley before the site reboot.
The site was originally dedicated solely to The Walking Dead and while those influences remain & will for the foreseeable future we are opening up the subject matter to zombies in general and miscellaneous horror topics. Going forward the site will be a sister-site to Cool Sci-Fi with one being targeted at sci-fi fans & the other targeted at horror fans.

It is a bit quiet at the moment as the next season of the show doesn't start until October here in the US but feel free to stop by, check it out, and let us know, good or bad, what catches your attention. :coffee:

Last edited:
I loathe seeing zero posts so biting the bullet and posting.

Style is looking nice but i think i prefer the old dark design but the look is still excellent. I'd personally lower the tone of the "new" indicators, I feel those are too bright and would look better in a darker red. Really liking the node icons and colours don't get me wrong you've done a great job @Kevin and hopefully the site will see the activity it had in the early days. Nice work. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Shelley! :cool:
I'd personally lower the tone of the "new" indicators, I feel those are
too bright and would look better in a darker red.
I'm using the dynamic code from the Add Indicator After Node Title resource so I changed the "red" & "#F00" references to @primaryDark so now it is the same dark red/maroon used in other places in the style.

... hopefully the site will see the activity it had in the early days.
I'm working on it. :) To help with the lull between seasons, more general zombie & horror topics are being encouraged and I'm in the midst of gathering up some prizes for mini-contests during the Summer. The first mini-contest was, in hindsight, too easy so I have to get more creative in that area. I'm in it, as the expression goes, for the long haul.

Top Bottom