A system here on XF to handle escrow for project requests

Tigratrus

Given how MANY dev projects have been proposed, and how many people have chimed in with a "Count on Me to split the costs!" I think there is a real resource potential.

If there was a way for all the various people interested to actually pool resources in a safe environment, and for the coders involved to have a clear, structured and safe environment to negotiate for work, I think the benefit for the 3rd party development community would be immense.

Look at the success of systems like Rent a Coder or Odesk or elance, it doesn't need to be super complicated, there just needs to be a trusted third party for both sides of the transaction to work with.

The benefits to both the admin community AND the Coder community would be substantial, and it would raise the community here *substantially* above the options available elsewhere. Great profit potential for the XF team too, just charge a small % for acting as an intermediary!

Anyway, that's my thought for the night... What do you all think?

Fair enough... I was thinking that it was a suggestion for XenForo as a whole as there isn't currently a differentiation between XF as a company/platform and XF as a forum system.

Thanks Brogan. :)

The suggestion forums are intended to be just for features for the (publicly available) software, so normally anything which is to do with just this site we move to feedback.

As the proposal you've put forward wouldn't be implemented in the software which would be available for customers, then this is the best place for it :)

Yes.
One of the biggest things I see holding back 3rd party development is the inherent insecurity on both the site admins requesting development, and the 3rd party developers that have to be concerned about how many people that "promise" X dollars for a given mod will actually put their money where their posts are. :)

Yes.
One of the biggest things I see holding back 3rd party development is the inherent insecurity on both the site admins requesting development, and the 3rd party developers that have to be concerned about how many people that "promise" X dollars for a given mod will actually put their money where their posts are. :)

That is true. And, I think that will be something that needs to be looked into.

I can't speak for XenForo but my personal opinion is this is the last thing I would want my company to be involved in.
The potential for problems and then dealing with them would detract from the main business.

Top Bottom