A staff member on my forum wants to purchase Add-ons for us here. Is that possible?

el canadiano

I'm aware that if he signs up here on XenForo.com, I can add him into a forum whitelist so that he can download what he wants. He's mentioned that he's willing to pay for a few mods here and there, and we have identified one or two that we would like to purchase eventually. However, would it be possible for us for him to purchase the add-on and for me to download and install it?

Paid resources are all handled externally to this site, so you would need to deal with each author with regards to licensing, ownership and downloading.

Paid resources are all handled externally to this site, so you would need to deal with each author with regards to licensing, ownership and downloading.

Right, that's a good point. It's not a big deal regardless - if I have to buy it, then that's fine.

As someone that sells some paid add-ons; in my opinion it would be easiest for everyone concerned if he paid you and then you downloaded the add-ons. Most of us don't have a system in place that allows someone to buy products for other people, therefore he'd have to download them and then send them to you (which as far as I am concerned would be fine as long as the url he registers it to matches where you install it).

Regardless of how you go about it, it's very nice that they offered to support your community in such a way.

Best of luck.

As someone that sells some paid add-ons; in my opinion it would be easiest for everyone concerned if he paid you and then you downloaded the add-ons. Most of us don't have a system in place that allows someone to buy products for other people, therefore he'd have to download them and then send them to you (which as far as I am concerned would be fine as long as the url he registers it to matches where you install it).

Regardless of how you go about it, it's very nice that they offered to support your community in such a way.

Best of luck.

It wasn't a big deal. We're doing exactly that.

Top Bottom